• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythic Republic| A Fantasy Government Type RPG

Should I his Be Created?

• Total voters

Hap818

Dreamer
Please Leave Feedback:)
The Poll is Supposed to Say This, not I his.
Mythic Republic

Hey People, i got bored and i came up with a user generated rpg type thingy, ithought would be cool, I talked to Black Dragona and if this gets enough support, about ten members or so, it will be added to the mythic worlds section as its own category.

So this is how it will work, everyone who wishes will start as citizens by creating there own thread in which they will keep track of there "political career", we will have one election thread were people can be nominated into a ballot and then voted into different positions. As of now the positions are Emperor (President), Ruler (Governor), Magistrate (Judge), Rep, Lawmaker (Senator), Minister (Mayor), Head Rep, and Head Lawmaker. I will come up with more as the game progresses and I will have a suggestion thread for any suggestion you want me to add. Elections will be periodical and the emperor will be longest serving. There will be three branches, the Empiric Branch (Empire), the Magistratial Branch (10 Magistrates), and the Scributive Branch ( The House of Reps and Lawmaker [20 of each]). There will be five regions (states) with 3 towns each. Each region will have a ruler and each town will have a minister. In your own personal thread you choose what region and town you reside in. Each region will have a 4th town as the capitol where the governor stays and also reps and lawmakers from that state. There will also be a 6th region called the capitol where the emperor and the head lawmakers and reps of each region will live. I will try and come up with more things to put down here soon, but hopefully this will be an official section on the forums.​

Last edited:

dyga19

Dreamer
Seems like an interesting concept. I can't join, as i have my hands full with my own worldbuilding project, but I don't see why this shouldn't be explored by others. Good luck. :)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Sounds like fun. I'm not sure I have enough time on my hands to join, between life and other projects, but it's a good idea. :)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
It sounds like fun, I have voted yes!! =)

Mythic Scribes needs a new, funny game like this and there are many members that could find it entertaining... I would say that it deserves to be given a chance.

The game system sounds... original.

Reaver

Staff
To be perfectly honest, this sounds like CSPAN.org. Best of luck with this.

Last edited:

mijo

Scribe
A bunch of people start threads with their name, what region they live in and every time they win a spot in the government the elections they post what it is.

Hap818

Dreamer
Then we will have many things for each person like meetings makin a law suing starting businesses if you are a citizen. Each person has tere own perks

Lawfire

Sage
I am still missing something.

A bunch of people start threads with their name, what region they live in and every time they win a spot in the government the elections they post what it is.

How do they, "win a spot in the government?" Who votes?

Then we will have many things for each person like meetings makin a law suing starting businesses if you are a citizen. Each person has tere own perks

This makes a little more sense, but oh my...that sounds...like something I would absolutely NOT be interested in. I thought people turned to fiction and the fantasy genre to escape stuff like that.

My concern is that something like this would take away from the usefulness of this forum. It may draw in people that only wish to take part in such a role-play, and contribute little (or nothing) to the community as a whole. I joined this forum because it is useful, focused, and full of helpful people. There are plenty of other places for role-plays such as this.

TWErvin2

Auror
I would not participate as I don't have the time, and it doesn't sound that interesting to me. But if folks want to have a spot/section set up to do it on the forum and vote each other to various levels of a created government, I don't see why not.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I think it's fine for projects like this just to see if it works. If 10 people have shown interest in doing it, then more power to you. Good luck with it. I can't participate either, but I'm all for people who want to try new things. You might want to come up with distinctive rules that are clear to understand because several people have already mentioned that they are a bit confused.

I personally don't think it will take away from the community at all. We have a couple of different role-plays floating about and they haven't disrupted any of the other sub-forums at all.

mijo

Scribe
I think we should make it that you have to have 5 or more posts to access it, so people don't just register on the forums just to play it.

mijo

Scribe
These are the steps to get set up, but note these may change if it really gets started.

1. Start a thread with your name as the title.
2. Post what region you will start out in.
3. There will be an elections thread, and a application thread, if you want to be elected to a stop in the government you must apply first.
4. When elections come everyone will be able to vote on who gets what.
5. If you do get a spot, post in your thread what it is (please don't post it if you really didn't get it it will be asked to be removed by a forum mod)
6. There isn't much info on laws yet.

PrincessaMiranda

Troubadour
So is this set in its own mythical world? If so it would be good to know regions and World systems so that we may make an application more accurately, or if its up to us, it needs to be known. :)