• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

1000 a Day May

Kelise

Maester
It can be anyone, really. Famous or models or unknowns, just anyone who has the right look so you can get a bit more of an idea of how your character might look or move. ^^

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Starconstant is indeed correct. I even have an anime character in there. Whatever works.

And ahh okeys that makes sense. Always exciting to finish a short story, and ooh 25% of a novel is quite epic too. I never write short stories anymore, I'm trying to focus on my book, cause i'm waaaay too easily distracted. Going to write my 1000 words for today after dinner. I never thought I could write late at night, but this has shown me I can, which is awesome.

Kate

Troubadour
I'm way to easily distracted too, which is why I like writing short stories. If I didn't, NOTHING would ever get finished!
I've tried a few times in different things to match faces with characters. With this WIP I've been thinking more in vague terms, like I have a character who looks like an older, rougher version on Noah Wyle. And another who I can't help but think of a cross between Allison Janney and Naomi Watts.

Slowing down on the 1000 words today to add some more background character stuff in. Surprising the things you learn about your own characters sometimes! Only a few more days until this thing really takes off for the June challenge, so I want to get the first 1/4 tidied up a bit.

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Yeah I was really glad for uni, it got me writing so much, simply cause I had to. That's where most of my short stories were written.

Ooh, you should play with photoshop (though for face blending and ageing there is probably a better program) if you'd like to try and come up with something close to what you imagine. One of my characters is actually Light from Death Note (cause he had the right hair and general look) with a big grin shopped over his serious look (changed the eyes too), and some modification of his clothes. Was fun and the result continues to amuse me.

It's really awesome isn't it, how things just occur to you and you realise that you've just learnt something about the character. And yeah I think that's my current goal in a slightly different way. I've mostly sorted out everything for June. I just need to deal with my real world commitments and get them out of the way so come June I can write ^_^

Kate

Troubadour
Hmmmm, the last thing I need is more time wasted messing about on Photoshop! Although, it does sound mighty fun!

I have just torn open my story, ripped out the middle and spread it all over the floor. Well, notebook. It's such a mess! Characters are changing jobs, motivations, names, everything! It all started with this teeny tiny idea I had early on Saturday morning and then just exploded into something .... else.
Having restructured the beginning, I'm currently trying to plan out the end so I have a better hope of finding out what happens in the middle. :confused:
Maybe not the best plan 2 days out of a 50k writing challenge, but I'm game if nothing else!

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Hehe well at least your mind will be full of fresh ideas and things to write about. Good luck ^_^

I've taken a bit of a break, getting other things done. Sort of. Trying to anyways. Starconstant and I have decided June will be a month of writing on the site too, so we'll be posting a bunch of interviews and other things. So more to do, but it'll all be worth it, and fits with the theme of the Nano thread - will totally get more written the more other stuff I have to do.

Kate

Troubadour
Well, that way 1000 a Day May. Fun!
While I might not have amassed the 30k word draft I was hoping for, I ended up writing more than that. I do have a very full Trash file, so that's something. I think more importantly than raw words is the fact that I now have a plot, nice fleshy characters, action and intrigue (I hope!) ready to be built on in June.

Sounds like there'll be words a plenty for you in June! What's that Parkinson's Law (do I have the name right?) Work fits time. Or something like that.

Fodwocket

Minstrel
Ooh I think you're right about the name, I had to look it up, but that's awesome.

And GRATS ^_^ I'm happy with what I did too. Now for June!