• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Two Worlds 2

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I recall seeing a trailer for this game a while back. The first one was disappointing, but this sequel looked much better.

Has anyone had a chance to see this in action?

Behelit

Troubadour
Played the first one due to a decent rating and review. It seemed like a game that would hit the spot. I ended up thinking it was bad enough to want my money back. A couple of months ago, I heard about the upcoming release and could only ask myself, how did they get the funding for a sequel?

I wish I could recall a more detailed account of my disappointment, but maybe it was just that forgettable. I think it may have been the multiplayer bit and supposedly being oblivion-esque that made me expect far too much from it.

Last edited:
I've no first-hand knowledge - the original game still makes me shudder. A friend of mine does play the sequel, however, and she loves it. Well, she loves playing the campaign in co-op. She's not so keen on the interface, which is apparently incredibly confusing (and isn't helped by the instruction booklet). I think I'll give it a miss. When I can pick up a controller again I'll probably stick with L.A. Noire until Skyrim appears.:)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
The one positive thing about the first game was the weapon designs. There were some incredible swords in the game, all of which were based on models created by an accomplished sword maker (Kit Rae). It's a shame that the rest of the game was of such poor quality.

Even if the sequel is substantially better (which I've been hearing that it is), few people may give it a chance because of the problems with the first. I doubt that I'll ever play it. There's little time left for gaming with an infant to take care of.