• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello all!

J. Rosemary here. I'm a freelance editor, avid blogger, RPG-er, Kindle addict and, hopefully, soon-to-be fantasy author. (I write both solo and with a writing partner, my friend Alexandra.) I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

myrddin173

Maester
Welcome to the forums! I see you like RPG's I suggest looking at Machiavel: Ambition run by our very own Ravana over in the Games Forum.

Thanks Myrddin! I read through the Ambition threads today. I don't have much experience with play-by-post games--I still do the old-fashioned table-top thing, with one group member skyping in--but I think I'd like to try this!

Thanks Black Dragon!

The story we're working on at the moment is called Sons of Obsidian--it features a black dragon who is, technically speaking, the absolute monarch of Halcrest, the main city-state. (Practically speaking Obsidian allows a human king and elected Assembly to rule in his stead, so Halcrest functions more as a constitutional monarchy.) Overall, the world has an 18th century feel--probably because I was an 18th century reenactor for many years--but take away certain technologies and add in fantasy races.

Here's a short blurb about Sons of Obsidian:

In the aftermath of a brutal battle, Lt. Damien Toth finds a wounded enemy soldier on the field. The young man refuses to give his name and prefers death to captivity and enslavement. Impressed by his mettle, Damien claims him, promising him freedom after seven years of service. But this boy has a bloody past and secrets that will come back to haunt them both . . .

TWErvin2

Auror
J. Rosemary,

Welcome to the forums here! I still occasionally do the table-top RPG thing.

Just attended ConCarolinas as a panelist. Lots of table-top gamers there, along with readers, artists, writers and some SF actors, etc.

Good luck with the writing. It takes time but I think it's worth the effort.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
A black dragon who is a monarch? I like the sound of that. :)

We'll look forward to hearing more about your novel.