• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings and felicitations!

Hello all,

words just don't convey how excited I am to be a part of a writers' forum again. It has been many, many, many years... but I have found recent inspiration, and I owe it all to a good friend who recently convinced me to dust off an old project of mine (Rogue's Honor) and e-publish it. Well, actually he published it for me since I would have gotten lost in the technical jungle of file formats and html and all that stuff that would have inevitably resulted in frustration and failure had I tried to do it myself. Sad but true. In fact, I was surprised to see the last time I had touched Rogue's Honor was over 10 years ago. And now it's out there for anyone to read... and people are actually buying it! How cool is that!!? Now I'm already two chapters in to my second book, and I'm starting to feel like a writer again, so I just wanted to share. Also, when writing Rogue's Honor I relied on writers' boards to keep my momentum going, so I know I'm gonna need you all. If you want to check out Rogue's Honor, it's on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, or you can view sample chapters from my publisher's (really, it's just my pushy friend who decided to promote my writing) website: Rogue Publications Home

cheers,
Aiden

Amazon.com: Rogue's Honor eBook: Aiden Sawyer: Kindle Store

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the forum! It's always good to have someone excited to be here. I know what you mean when you say you rely on other writers when you're working on a story. I've found I'm always much more productive when there are others with similar tastes in fiction I can talk to, whether online or in real life.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Aiden!

We'll look forward to hearing more about your experiences with e-publishing, as well as your progress with the second novel. Can you tell us a little about what Rogue's Honor is about?

TWErvin2

Auror
Welcome to the forum, Aiden.

It is good to learn that you dusted off that mansucript from 10 years back, got it into readers' hands and that you're back writing again.

Terry

Welcome Aiden, good to have you here.
How much of a shock must it have been to find that something you had given up on for ten whole years is in fact now selling on Amazon. Big congratulations.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. As for what Rogue's Honor is about, the short answer is that it's a complicated love story (not unrequited, yet unfulfilled none-the-less) set against the backdrop of an epic fantasy tale. Rogue's Honor is really the first half of a longer tale that was not intended to be more than a single book, but I had no idea the book length of that story until I was nearly half way through the manuscript and I was already approaching what would have been 400 pages in standard hardback form. Because I did not think an 800 to 900 page debut novel was practical, that sort of hung me up for a couple years until I managed (after two attempts) to create a break point that was satisfying to me and my reading base at the time. The hard part was that I wanted to the first book to have a conclusion, and yet one that wouldn't preclude continuing the original tale in a second book (tentatively titled Honor's Toll) which is already in progress. While I am always all too willing to talk about Rogue's Honor, I will probably be hitting up the forum more on Honor's Toll if my current momentum stalls (crossing my fingers that won't be too soon).

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. I look forward to many fruitful exchanges of ideas.

Kindle Review Promotion for Rogue's Honor

Hello, my publisher is having a review promotion for Rogue's Honor, my new book on Kindle. The specific promotion is for reviews on Amazon's Kindle store, but if you are a Nook user, I'm sure he could arrange to send you a free EPUB version for a review on Barnes & Noble if you mention you're from Mythic Scribes.

Click the below link for specific details:

Review Promo