• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Old School Games

Hi,

I loved Arcanum too, and was completely peeved when Sierra not only didn't make a sequal, they didn't even make an expansion pack. You have to download from what the various communities developed.

And yes Baldurs Gate I've played and loved, and MOO2 - I still play it from time to time.

However Baldurs gate morphed indirectly into Neverwinters Night, one and two, and they are bloody awesome. I still play them all.

As for Might and Magic, I've never played them, but I have played the companion games, Heroes of Mightand Magic, and up until about number four they were brilliant.

Cheers, Greg.

So, in an effort to destroy any momentum I had going on my novel, I have found a website called Gog.com. (Good Ole Games). I found a bunch of old school games there which I'm now have a big nostalgia trip on. Here's a list:

Baldur's Gate
Baludr's Gate 2
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Master of Orion
Master of Orion 2
Master of Magic
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicks
Planescape: Torment
Star Control
Star Control 2
Syndicate

I probably just spent around 60 dollars on all of these games (the price of one Xbox or PS3 game) so I'm very, very happy with this find.

Trivia: If some of you don't know, the default pics here at Mythic Scribes are from Baldur's Gate.

Anybody play any of these and want to take a trip down memory lane?

Oh dear Godzilla. I had better stay away from that site. BG, MOO, MOO2, Star Control, and Syndicate alone (don't even bring up Civ I or Command HQ) collectively ate up probably somewhere north of a thousand hours of my high school and college years.

Sieryn

Dreamer
Bauldurs Gate 2 was my favorite thing in the universe for months...probably didn't help that I also have a drow obsession...ahh the days of squealing like a kid in a candy store everytime I hit the underdark...I miss that.