• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dragon Age 2

Dwarven Gold

Minstrel
Has anyone played Dragon Age 2 yet?

I got my copy, but am waiting for a block of time to play it in. I have my axe poised to slay some Darkspawn!

Ophiucha

Auror
I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet since my fiance has been playing it nonstop since it was released. :) I've been playing Pokémon Black. It looks good, though. The gameplay seems smoother, and the mage at least has some awesome attacks. I don't care as much for the story, but it certainly isn't bad.

I played it and finished it during its opening week. Sorry Dwarven Gold, but you have to play as a human. There is only one dwarf in your party but he's totally badass. He's a rogue with a crossbow....no chance to put him with an axe. Sorry! :(

The game is really quite good, but it's nothing like Origins or Awakening. It has a whole new set of rules and it's the battle between the Templars and the Mages and just whose side the Champion is on.

I love the game myself and am on my second playthru.

Overall this was another epic story from Bioware and you still get to fight darkspawn, dragons, and Varterrals. Oh and the Ancient Rock Wraith that you meet in the Deep Roads is a pretty cool fight too.

Dr.Dorkness

Minstrel
Oh yes, I was Waiting for the game since I played Dragon Age Origins/Awakening. I love the story, but it is indeed nothing like the first game. I do hate the restriction to being human. But storywise it is the best solution.

why I love Dragon Age is mostly because of the characters. I love how detailed they are and it is something I can learn from eventhough I Play it in my free time.

I've played, and defeated it 3 different times so far :) Considering my obsession for the first one, I will probably end up playing it many more times until I've seen every single scenario.

I've played, and defeated it 3 different times so far :) Considering my obsession for the first one, I will probably end up playing it many more times until I've seen every single scenario.

I know what you mean. I'm already on my sixth playthru. I've got one more achievement to unlock (Arcane Hunter) and then I think I'll be able to put it down for a bit....just in time for Dungeon Siege III.

Talmay

Acolyte
While I'm a huge Dragon Age fan, and had been waiting anxiously for the second one to arrive, I'm a tad disappointed in it. They could have definitely taken another year to flesh everything out (especially the story and, OMFG, the dungeons). In the end everything just felt so rushed. Better than Awakenings but nowhere near Origins level. Here's hoping BioWare takes their time on the third one.

Also: CARVER. ❤

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I'm officially on summer break now, so I should be able to finally open my copy and load it up. Unfortunately, I'm now waiting for the Playstation Store to reopen before I'll start playing, as I want to begin with the DLC that comes with the Signature Edition.

Poppa Weelee

Dreamer
OMFG, the dungeons)

This nearly killed the entire game for me. Also, the Monstrous Spiders were unreasonable, I thought. I had enough trouble getting through Origin's Giant Spiders, and they do THAT to me? C'mon! Jerks. Luckily, I had the PC version, so I had them turned into Mabari!

This nearly killed the entire game for me. Also, the Monstrous Spiders were unreasonable, I thought. I had enough trouble getting through Origin's Giant Spiders, and they do THAT to me? C'mon! Jerks. Luckily, I had the PC version, so I had them turned into Mabari!

Lucky you! My copy is on the 360 and every single time I ran into one of those spiders I was in tears, trying to fight it without looking at the screen.

JoanofArch

Scribe
I played the first five hours or so of the game, and watched some clips on Youtube. I'm not much of a gamer, and therefore not much of a judge of games, but it was fun, even if the voice acting was a bit awkward.