• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone

Erimeh

Acolyte
Hi everyone!
My name is Jen. I live in Oklahoma with my fiance. I am just restarting (virus ate my book) my fantasy novel. I decided to change it to a futuristic/fantacy and work out all the issues that I had first go.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome, Jen. Nice to have you aboard.

Get a Dropbox account so that if a virus eats you computer again, the book will be saved! :)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Jen! I know how it feels to have my computer eat my stories. Good luck restarting yours! :)

I restarted my book just because the first draft sucked. At least you have a good excuse.

I like to email my draft (and notes) to myself at a different server, and store it on Google Docs.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Erimeh said:
Hi everyone!
My name is Jen. I live in Oklahoma with my fiance. I am just restarting (virus ate my book) my fantasy novel. I decided to change it to a futuristic/fantacy and work out all the issues that I had first go.

I had a similar occurrence once. Now I back up in triplicate as well as a cloud service.

I use Dropbox, three e-mail accounts and half a dozen pen drives (USB flash drives).

Dropbox is brilliant though, and easy to sync to your phone. I just recommend that you turn off automatic syncing so that you decide when to update the files on Dropbox. And keep old versions.

OH, printing is also nice as a back-up.

Welcome Erimeh! I'm new here too! I just finished getting my profile set up! I write poetry. I've lost my creative spark & don't know how to get it back... I miss it. Doing arts & crafts was really fun too!