• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tome of Ideas

Tome of Ideas is part genre encyclopedia, part RPG book, part writing prompt collection, and part inspirational art book. It is designed as a resource for writers looking for their next story, game masters looking for their next adventure, or anyone who simply wants to sit down and send their imagination on a journey into speculative fiction. Contributors include over twenty professional and award-winning authors.

Check out our Kickstarter: The Tome of Ideas for Writers and Roleplayers

(This notice approved by Black Dragon)

For those interested in some full disclosure, I will be featured on an upcoming episode of the Seekrit Projekt podcast with hosts Scott Roche and Dave Robison. Dave Robison is familiar with Mythic Scribes and thought it may be something your community would be interested in.

The project launched on August 6th and then relaunched on August 16th, with restructured funding goals. This is one of the things I talk about in the podcast.

Some of the Author tweets and blog posts still route to the old project, which directs visitors to the new campaign. I can assure you that each and every one of these Authors is legitimately involved and that if we reach our goals, we'll have a truly amazing product to bring to the writing and roleplaying communities.

David D. Levine's blog post
Naomi Novik's blog post
Tony Pi's blog post

I'm sure you can find others if you look. Thanks for checking it out.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I just saw a video on this and it looks pretty cool. I hope it gets produced because I think this could be a fun resource.