• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone!

Warlock

Acolyte
First, some words about myself:

I am a 17 year old male from Greece(that place which can't seem to manage its own economy), soon-to-be burdened with a large amount of studying for his last year in school. I enjoy playing video-games(RPGs and RTSs), reading books(mainly fantasy, thrillers and classic literature), listening to music(a wide variety of genres ranging from symphonic metal to pop), roleplaying(either in forums or online games) and writing short stories based on fantasy worlds of my own.

Amongst my favourite authors(and influences) are J. R. R. Tolkien, David Eddings, Jonathan Stroud, Glen Cook, George R. R. Martin, H. P. Lovecraft and quite a few more.

The reason I joined this wonderful site is mainly to improve my storytelling capabilities(which are currently at a not-so-good level) but also to generally widen my horizons concerning the art of creating and establishing a world of your own through writing.

Thanks for at least reading my introductory post.

Aosto

Sage
Welcome aboard Warlock! I'm sure you will find plenty of great resources to improve your writing within these walls. I am a new writer myself, I have been entertaining the idea of writing a novel for some time but have never brought myself to do it. I decided this was the year and set out to write an epic fantasy. To my dismay I discovered that I suck at it. I feel I have improved, although I am yet to complete a full chapter. The folks here at MS are a great help, post something on the showcase and BAM! they have a critique and suggestions.

Let me be the first person to welcome you here. I have only recently join to get great feed back and friendly people all around so far. I post a rough draft of mine here and got great feed back and now I am on my second draft with even better ideas that the people here have helped me with.

I know you are going to love it here. I living in the US and understand how your country must feel. Over here we are in what they are calling the worst drought in over a hundred years and the economy is extremely bad right now over here too. It seems most countries are suffering all over the world. I hope the economy every where gets better soon.

They are starting a RP game here in the Scribes forum on weekends. Not sure about all of the info atm been busy. But they have one here, so you could see if you might like it. :)

If you want to share any of your rough drafts here. They give great feed back.

Warlock

Acolyte
Thank you both for the warm welcome! :) I'll be sure to post some of stories/drafts as soon as I can muster the courage and the post count needed to reach those parts of the forum.

Hello and welcome, Warlock. Here is your complimentary bag of cookies and kitten. Hope you have a good time here. : )

Oh, and which RTS? Eye hart DoTA.