• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Talk about your avatar!

Lorna

Inkling
1) What is your avatar?

Ignus, the dragon in the sun from my WIP. He shouldn't be in the sun and the sun shouldn't be in the sky. They're coming down when the world ends.

2) Why did you choose it?

Because I wanted something unique and home made.

3) Does it inspire your writing, in some way?

Yes, it's symbolic of my commitment to finish this novel and ultimately the trilogy, bringing the world to an end.

FatCat

Maester
1: PC Wallpaper I DL'd
2: Well, this is a fantasy writers forum, and it looks like a wizard's hand.
3: I hope not

Warlock

Acolyte
1) What is your avatar?
Grenth, god if ice and death, from Guild Wars.

No specific reason, other than that I like it aesthetically.

I do not think so.

Chilari

Staff
Another Guildie, huh? You excited about GW2? I pre-purchased and will be getting up early tomorrow morning in the hope that servers will be up before the announced launch time and allow me to play all frickin day.

Still undecided about what I'll play though.

Warlock

Acolyte
Yeah I am excited about it and really want to play the game. However, I've tried to show as little interest in it as possible and sadly I won't be playing it this year, since I have a long and hard school year ahead of me filled with lots of studying. As soon as school starts here in Greece, my priorities will be School & Studying > Other stuff > Social life > Gaming.

In another universe, where I did not live in a country with a needlessly harsh educational system, I would have rolled a Sylvari Necromancer, just for the antithesis of that Race/Profession combination.

1) It is a picture I found online that closer resembles one of the main characters of my story.
2) I am currently writing this book series.
3) Helps me get in my mind set for writing.

I love the throwback Baldur's Gate avatars, I really do, but does anybody else start mixing up people because you just look at their avatars and not their names?

Has happened to me wayyyy more than I anticipated.

SeverinR

Vala
My Av pic is my unregistered COA in the SCA, and a shield I made. (one of two)
[I have two more shield blanks ready to create.
With a third on the shield press. ]
Bascially it is two Flowers over the sun, I am the sun and my daughters are the flowers.

Like me, my canvas is a little warped, and takes a thick strap of leather to get a handle on.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
1) What is your avatar?

A stylized head of a dragon. Specifically, its the head of the logo used on my website.

Because, in my world, dragons represent all that is ancient and mysterious and powerful. They are primal force that have lived beyond their time. They are beautiful, in the way that a hurricane is beautiful, and they cannot exist if the other races wish to endure.

It does. Every time I see anything that reminds me of what I've already done, I am compelled to finish what is not.

Oh I love threads like this!

My avatars a little tricky to make out at that size, but it is a yin yang symbol decorated and represented by a green dragon and a white tiger. I like a lot of the Daoist principles and in a way the avatar reminds me of how complex a writer's mind should be. It inspires my writing in the sense that I want my story to be about opposing forces which interact and relate to each other at times.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
My avatar's pretty straightforward. I'm a huge fan of Wicked, so I found a picture of an actress playing Elphaba and cropped it to fit the size restriction. XD

squishybug87

Minstrel
1) What is your avatar? It's one that I got from here, it looks like a really cool African tribal woman. To me she looks like a witch in the middle of a spell or incantation, which I thought was cool.
2) Why did you choose it? Because I'm also a black female? Meh, that's not the only reason, she just looks so serene yet powerful at the same time.
3) Does it inspire your writing, in some way? Not at the moment.

Saigonnus

Auror
1. I am a dinosaur or at least I feel like one some days.

2. I like it.

3. Not really, it reminds me more of my wife than anything and I smile when I see it.

Jabrosky

Banned
1) What is your avatar?

It's a portrait of an African princess that I drew myself

Because I think African women are pretty (if anyone's curious, I'm a white guy).

I often have African women either as protagonists or (whenever I feel like writing male protagonists) female love interests. For that matter, almost all of my customized player characters in RPGs like Skyrim or Dragon Age are black women. I am a very strange white man.

Cleio

Dreamer
1) It's a fragment of a handwritten seventeenth century document. It's one of the papers I used in my dissertation; I can't remember exactly, but it was probably taken from letter between two seventeenth century military officers.

2) It seemed appropriate for a writing forum, although I use the image as an avatar elsewhere as well. I feel it represents me, being an historian and all that.

3) Nope. It's just a picture.

Palladion

Acolyte
1) Koromaru from Persona 3
2) I love Atlus and the Shin megami tensei series
3) The persona series inspires me in the way that they use real world cultures and deities in their games and the story lines are all different, but all great.

Darkblade

Troubadour
1) It's the symbol of Kamen Rider Decade. The protagonist of the Japanese television series of the same name.

2) Right now I'm on a huge Japanese superhero kick. Decade was one of the first series I watched completely through and his barcode - skull design is pretty cool. Minimalist with a bit of a cyberpunk edge to it.

3) Oh, dear Gods no. Anyone who knows the Kamen Rider franchise will tell you that Decade for it's impressive visual charm was terribly written with no real direction or plot. It was even more so than most shows in the genre an excuse to sell toys to Japanese children.

If you can find the pun without the aid of google you win a free internet.