• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Any writers in the Reno, NV area?

Hi everyone! I'm an avid reader/writer who is new to the area. I would love to meet other writers who would be willing to help critique my new book. I would, of course, be willing to do the same. Let me know if you'd like to bounce ideas off one another or peer review chapters. I love reviewing and offering my opinion of written works!

BRappaport

Acolyte
Howdy! I was just looking for writers in my area (without the $25 a year charge for the one other group I found :p). I'm usually up at the TMCC Dandini Campus, if you're ever near it. Otherwise, it'd just be nice to have someone to write with online. Thanks for posting this. Hope I'm not too late.

Hi! I reside over at UNR and don't usually find myself at TMCC, but I'm sure we could figure something out. I must admit, I am an amateur with only a love of writing to back me, but I hope to hone what little skill I have into something more potent. I am currently going through my second rewrite where I am adding more of a character study aspect to one of the characters as well as lowering my word count.

BRappaport

Acolyte
Going to UNR in the fall. :3 Hope you're having fun there. In terms of meeting up, it's not obligatory, but send along what you have if you want some edits/critique. I enjoy a good character development dialogue. What's your word count sitting at? Sometimes, it doesn't matter how many you actually have as long as it's not fluff. I tend to have the opposite problem: too few.

Oh you don't even want to know what the word count was after I had originally written it. The way I write is I put to pen (or word processor to be more accurate) everything that comes into my mind. Then that all hits the chopping block. It sits at 208,000 words rounded right now, but I know that too will fall after I'm done with rewrite number two. I've an idea to combine two fights into the same one and cut out a few more things so... we'll see. I've only twenty-seven pages of edit two as of now. I can send the first few pages so that you can see if this is a challenge you'd be willing to accept if you'd like? How would you like me to send it? Likewise, if there's anything you'd like me to critique, I'd be more than willing to read it!

BRappaport

Acolyte
Of course I'd like to read it. Wouldn't have come here if I wasn't looking for new stuff to read. Through PM or inbox here is fine. Still working on first draft of my new project, and it's really not fantasy genre, so I'm reluctant to share it here.

Alright, I will try and send it to you through your inbox. Might take a few though. I don't know what the word count limit is. I'm sending twenty pages. I wouldn't mind reading what you have. I don't limit myself to fantasy. It's simply what I write. The only thing I do not particularly enjoy are memoirs, though I must admit that I've read a couple interesting ones.

So the word limit is quite short on the messaging as well as on this forum page so I will try to link it. I'm out of time right now, but will attempt that when I get back. If the formatting for what you have is too ridiculous to read just let me know and I'll add that in the link as well.

Last edited: