• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your Author Website?

lawrence

Troubadour
I used Wordpress, and whilst its fast to set up initially, you can spend ridiculous amounts of time sorting out the extra bits that make it more than just a bland off-the-shelf blog. If you want to go DIY rather than paying a pro don't aim for something too customised unless you have ALOT of time to put into it.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
The best platforms to use that gives you the flexibility and professional feel are Drupal and Joomla. Both, at the end, do the same thing. They just have different ideas on how to arrive at the destination.

I need to update my website soon. I'll do that after I've completed some major world building elements. My site uses Joomla. Go to the Joomla homepage to find out what it can do.

boboratory

Minstrel
I know alot of people that have used Livejournal for many years, and are perfectly happy with it... I still have that user name and password somewhere around here....

Kim

Scribe
I have used Wordpress for a long time, but because I used it also as a blog, it had to much information on it to be easily accessible. I think it was more interesting for people who already knew my books. That's why I asked somebody to make a new website for me. One that's clear and where you can easily find information about my books. It has a link to my blog, so I use both now.

This reminds me that I have to translate my website soon.