• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Skyrim - DLCs

Griffin

Minstrel
Anybody else got excited not one, but two new DLCs?

When I first heard that Dawnguard was about vampires, I was kind of meh. However, when I found out the being vampire is now awesome for stealth characters, I changed my tune pretty quickly. There is a lot of extra content. I just hate how the vampires keep killing everyone. Poor Adrienne. Now her husband has buy weapons from Khajiit caravans.

And now Hearthfire. Not a lot of action. But it does have the adoption option that a lot of people were wanting. My little Hroar has a pet mudcrab. Not really sure if I should be glad or disturbed.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I've heard mixed things about Dawnguard, but this is the first I've heard about the other one. I'll have to check them out somewhere down the line. I think the adoption idea is intriguing. I personally really dug the Imperial vs. Stormcloak story-line, where you'd go and take over other keeps and such. It would be cool to have DLC that had another sort of conflict related to that arise (not necessarily the same groups, but something like that).

Zenke

Scribe
I didn't even know heartfire existed. I was expecting more dlc but not so soon. The best part is i already got dawngaurd and had enough left over to get heartfire there today when i seen this thread. I enjoyed dawnguard, especially because of the addition of crossbows. I'd like to see more dlc that adds new weapons. pole arms and spears would be nice.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I started a new character on Skyrim today just to do the whole experience again. I want to download Dawnguard and Hearthfire and try to do the whole thing. Plus, my other character is on a Japanese profile, so I can't get US content...:(

Griffin

Minstrel
I didn't realize about Hearthfire until like two days ago. It's not a huge DLC, but you get build your own house. Not just a itty bitty house. It's a manor.

I'll give one warning about Dawnguard: finish it ASAP. To give clarity, vampires are super powerful and will invade towns (much like Dragons.) The problem is that you are probably at a really low level so everyone is having trouble. A Master Vampire level goes from 15-42/46(?). Which sucks when you're level four. If you decide to side with the vampire hunters, finish the DLC as soon as you can. I lost like four people in Whiterun to vampires. If you decide to side with the vampires, you can take it a little easier. It's all up to you. I'm just speaking from my experience.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Cool. I'll probably play the game all the way through again to get a decent level and then try the DLC afterwards. That's pretty cool that the vampires will attack towns and stuff. I'll have to check it out for sure.

I haven't finished Dawnguard yet, as I'm taking a break from Skyrim to focus on other things. So far it's been pretty fun, though.

First time I've heard of Hearthfire. I guess building your own house does sound kinda interesting, though it's not exactly making me excited about playing Skyrim again.

Anyway, where is my spear DLC, Bethesda? I'm still waiting for the spears!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Have they mentioned spears? I think Skyrim would sort of have more playability if they introduced new weapons and missions through DLC. Just the idea of Dawnguard makes me want to try it. Bethseda is usually good about giving lots of extra content to their games, so I expect more down the pike.