• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

bettersweet love

Justme

Banned
Have any of you ever had anyone walk unexpectedly into your life and by the very nature of their humanity and compassion slowly reveal to you just how much you need them in your life?

How is it that we can walk through life with such casual disregard for our existence and in a blink of an eye grow so much within ourselves and learn so much from the existence of another person? How is it that, without warning it can be revealed to us just how ignorant we were of the world, we live in and have that revelation come to stark focus, with the subtle emergence of a single solitary individual that so shockingly overwhelms your world, with the realization that you are in need this person in your life?

How is it that we can be so overwhelmed by a person who so effortlessly shines with such brilliance that all the devises, all the bobbles and trophies that we though so import only a short time ago pale in comparison? How can the wisdom of yesterday become the folly of today in a blink of an eye in the light of the glow of a single solitary human being who's presence diminishes everything around them including ourselves? How could the mere smile make us feel in equal proportions an King and a fool?

And how can the desire for the happiness of one person lead us into the bitter sweet experience of knowing that the person of our dreams. The one very person who we wished to have by our sides for the rest of eternity is incapable of loving us, because an accident of our gender. In all life there is a 50/50 chance of being male and female and to have come so far, with so high hopes and desires so intense that they rip the fabric of your person and to find out by the treachery of others that you are the wrong gender for her.

Such things are better sweet, but the desire for her happiness is no less depreciated. To have the strings of your heart pulled so tightly by an illusion of your own making is hard enough, but to appoint her the bearer of that delusion in the light of the realization that she did not need to do the things she had done willingly for you and the idea that she took apart of her time to help a soul so retched as mine would be unjust and inexcusable.

How much the pangs of love are when you care for someone so much that you resolve to champion her quest for that wish is most important to her, when you know inside that that person will never be you. How much does your heart wish to be shot from a canon and cover her with the love she so desperately deserves and sit beside her while she recounts the treacherous actions of someone you come to hate as a human, for daring to use her heart for a reputation and personal gain.

This one human being that knows so much about pain from that which has been inflicted by a judgmental and exclusive world. To understanding just how much compassion she had to come to my aid, just to hear that her romantic endeavors were so callously abused is more heart rending than anything I have ever experienced.

What can you do but be by her side in person and in spirit and love her for the person she is. Hoping against hope that she finds someone that will fly her heart to the ceiling of the sky and in the same instant fear that when that time comes you may never see her again and again be that empty lost soul that she found such a long time ago and brought a light into your life.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have moved this thread from the Showcase to Chit Chat, because it does not contain any story.

Justme

Banned
It isn't a story, to be sure, but it is a example of my writing and a huge piece of my life I wanted to share. Thank you.