• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey there. :)

Vale

Scribe
Hi, I'm Vale. Well, I'm not really.. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a far more mundane name than Vale but ho-hum.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Hmm, a couple of things I like...
Music, I really like classic rock and metal along with a couple of the newer bands. I'm also slightly excited and slightly worried about my recent foray into some sort of celtic speed-folk genre. Nevertheless it's all good sound.

Books, I adore Terry Pratchett. Well, more his books than him but I'm sure he's nice enough! I also enjoy reading Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe books and regularly pick up the latest Batman or Swamp Thing to have a forage through.

Oh, also I'm currently in the midst of planning a short fantasy novel! Hence me joining the site and if any body is up for chatting and brainstorming etc. I would appreciate that! :D

So, that's me! Well, not all of me but I wouldn't want to bore you with all of the details...
Thanks for reading!

V.

Aosto

Sage
Welcome aboard Vale. And don't be embarased about folk Celtic. It's the only other type of music I listen to aside from a blend of electronic and hippie-ish type music. (wookiefoot being one of my favored bands)

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Thanks for joining, Vale. Your avatar is the Pink Floyd album cover, right? Feel free to submit your work in our Showcase forum if you want some valuable feedback. See you around!

Vale

Scribe
Thank you, both of you! I didn't expect a response that quickly! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Celtic! XD Wookiefoot sure sounds good too, and not just because of the Star Wars reference! And yes, Ankari, it is Floyd!

I'm not sure I'm ready to start submitting yet but I will soon enough. :p

V.

Vale

Scribe
With a genre like "celtic speed-folk" I have to ask Who?
Welcome aboard Vale.

Thanks and one of my favourites are Threepenny Bit. They're quite a local band but they have a couple of albums out on iTunes and Amazon. They're so much better live though, foot-stompingly good in fact! :D

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Vale! I'm also a fan of Celtic music -- Loreena McKennitt is among my favorite singers ever. I also love Celtic Woman, and a lot of The Irish Rovers. ^^ I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Vale

Scribe
Welcome here, Vale! I'm also a fan of Celtic music -- Loreena McKennitt is among my favorite singers ever. I also love Celtic Woman, and a lot of The Irish Rovers. ^^ I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Thank you! I look forward to seeing you around too! :D

Vale

Scribe
Welcome Vale! What did you think of the Court of Owls/Night of owls storyline?

Thank you, and I love it! Especially the cover to #4... Reminiscent of Hugo Strange's circle-rimmed glasses, I thought and about the story. Well, it's Snyder! XD I'm loving the new run, have you had a look at the new Swamp Thing issues yet?

Endymion

Troubadour
Not yet, but will definitely now that the rot is coming (dum, dum Dum!).
And yes, Snyder is amazing. Really looking forward to the next story arc (Death in the family part 2, or something like that. Wonder who will die this time?)

Vale

Scribe
A mystery and as a newer Batman fan I can't really guess at that... But yeah! Swamp Thing, read it, frickin' awesome.

Chime85

Sage
Welcome to ms (not the medical term lol), I'm sure you'll fit in nicely.

If you enjoy Batman, I hope you enjoy the humour of this clip, Regindald D Hunter

Last edited by a moderator: