• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I want to be a Mythic Scribe

MamaZia

Acolyte
Hello,

I am new to this site. I've been attempting to write on and off for the past ten years but I have not gotten very far. I suffer from major writer's block and ideas just don't flow how I'd like. I'm wanting to correct that. I've become very interested in the Fantasy world and would like to try my hand at that since writing more "modern day" stories just don't feel right. Perhaps that is why I've been failing. I'm attempting to conquer new territory and could use all the help I can get. Also, thanks for having me.

Kara

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Hi,

Lots of people experience writer's block here, so welcome to the club! If you need inspiration or help, we have a very welcoming community that may help you work through your problems. Just post questions in the various threads and we'll all try to help the best we can.

Welcome!

gavintonks

Maester
it has taken me 30 years to finish a novel even though I have written a lot of other stuff so do not be disheartened it requires dedication start with small pieces as is recommended in the latest mythic scribe piece

MamaZia

Acolyte
Thank you both. I've already learned quite a few things from simply browsing through the different threads. It is 4 am and I just cannot seem to quit reading. I've discovered that I'm a "teller". I always want to throw everything there is to know if the first paragraph, and then I feel defeated and stop there. Showing it is much better and I'm excited to give that a try. I just need to learn to take my time and pace it out as opposed to my need to rush through things.

gavintonks

Maester
you also need to look for a story and now things you want to say, that was my mistake or describe a scene and believe it is a story

Vale

Scribe
Hey, Zia. I'm rather new to the site as well but definitely not to writing! Most of my projects end up... Hmm, how shall I put this? Not, as I had hoped. But the main thing is to take lessons from each thing you do and try again!

Nice to meet you and good luck in your future fiction!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the scribes. This is a community always willing to help a new writer out. I found the scribes during a terrible bout of writers' block (or was it just fear and disgust). Anyways, I posted my questions on the writing questions, got some encouraging advice, and then fell into the wonderful trap called the challenges.

The great thing about this site is that you can immerse yourself in it as far as you want, and take your path at your own pace. It took me a few months to really jump in with both feet, but when I did, I received so much benefit. I now have an awesome crit partner I trust, have found a crit group that is encouraging and honest, have learned how to overcome the small things (pace myself, push through blocks, outline or pants effectively, etc.).

I hope you, too, find what you're looking for, here. This is a pretty remarkable group of people, welcome.

Wish granted, you're a Scribe! I think every one of us here knows what writer's block can do, please make use of the vast collection of knowledge and experience in this gathering.