• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

Raziel

Minstrel
I guess I found it through the google ads placed everywhere but I was using 'WritingForums.com' for a while (do not know how I came across it..maybe google...hehehe..they are everywhere) and I as I scrolled up while on WF my eye caught the insignia for 'Scribes, the Dragon. So good job. You had the right style in mind when you made the logo and it has probably worked better than you could imagine. I thank you Admins' you guys have done a great job at keeping a well respected site. Also, I haven't noticed any 'posts per day rule' which is pretty good. I can see why one would have a limit though, to really scan each one with enough confidence to keep the site going.
I love WF, not saying a bad word about them but this is more the style 'we scribes' have needed. This is my vibe and I'm glad to be here. Love the respect and the feel. Keep it up guys. There's not much out there that's keeping respect in the "high regard" yet you do it well.
You got the same format style as WF so if there's any Admin that might recognize me out there. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
You had the right style in mind when you made the logo and it has probably worked better than you could imagine.

Thank you for the kind words.

I have to give credit where it's due. The first version of the logo was a lot simpler, and just had the words Mythic Scribes. My wife looked it over and said that it needed a dragon. And hence our insignia was born.

A lot of credit also goes to Behelit, Starconstant, Nathan and Ravana. They've done a lot to build this site into what it is.

LiLi

I was visiting another writing forum when the banner for this one appeared. What caught my attention was that this one was dedicated specifically to fantasy.

Derin

Troubadour
I guess I found it through the google ads placed everywhere but I was using 'WritingForums.com' for a while (do not know how I came across it..maybe google...hehehe..they are everywhere) and I as I scrolled up while on WF my eye caught the insignia for 'Scribes, the Dragon. So good job. You had the right style in mind when you made the logo and it has probably worked better than you could imagine. I thank you Admins' you guys have done a great job at keeping a well respected site. Also, I haven't noticed any 'posts per day rule' which is pretty good. I can see why one would have a limit though, to really scan each one with enough confidence to keep the site going.
I love WF, not saying a bad word about them but this is more the style 'we scribes' have needed. This is my vibe and I'm glad to be here. Love the respect and the feel. Keep it up guys. There's not much out there that's keeping respect in the "high regard" yet you do it well.
You got the same format style as WF so if there's any Admin that might recognize me out there. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

Places have poswt per day limits? Why?

Kelise

Maester
So that people with 'a bit too much time on their hands' don't post in every single topic on the forums. That's apparently a bad thing. Maybe they're just attracting a majority who don't have anything useful to say, and it annoys the mods to read a load of pointless posts.

Here we attract quality, so it's not an issue ;)

Derin

Troubadour
So that people with 'a bit too much time on their hands' don't post in every single topic on the forums. That's apparently a bad thing. Maybe they're just attracting a majority who don't have anything useful to say, and it annoys the mods to read a load of pointless posts.

Fair enough. Most of the forums I hang out on have the opposite problem; activity dies down until members get bored and leave.

Raziel

Minstrel
Fair enough. Most of the forums I hang out on have the opposite problem; activity dies down until members get bored and leave.

Activity will not die out here. We are all writing our stories. This is why 'we' will not have that problem. This site is the best of the best. It attracted me, I am quality oriented yet lacking the way to do it. I am at home here. Learning.

(If you really understand how the admins work..they are maybe 20 people trying to hold an interest of about 700. Imagine all 700 posting 5 times a day...that's 3500 posts a day. Sounds like alot because it is. And everyone does it daily and it builds up no matter what you do. So, understand the respect we MUST have for these people..)

Again for you guys(Admins)...love the site and you are right..you attract the respectable of the bunch(the majority anyway)

-Respect breeds respect..Hatred breeds Hatred, Which shall you have?- WCB

Last edited:
A friend sent me a link to Mr. LaVoie's piece about YA killing epic fantasy. Between the site name--how do you not love 'Mythic Scribes'?--and the discovery of other helpful articles on the home page, I was hooked enough to look into the forum. Where, having long wanted a community of SFF writers, I couldn't resist joining. :)

drkpyn

Scribe
I was having a bit of writer's block and did a thorough search of the web for a helpful and active community. I lurked on the forums here for a few days and was very impressed with the quality of posts and level of activity. This site just felt more professional than 95% of the forums I checked out. I am still very pleased with my decision to join this community and continue to be impressed with the site.

same, i googled "writing forum". There are not a lot of good choices. This one seemed the nicest, what with the banner and all.

Last edited:
I googled "Fantasy Writing Forum" and this was on the first page. I checked out a few, this was one of the ones I liked (it looked pretty :p)

Eliazar

Scribe
Same here. I wanted to get some inspiration for writing again, and googled Fantasy Writers Forum, this was the first and it looked cool and friendly, so I decided to join.

I saw an ad at the top of another forum I go to (Hortorian) and clicked on it. Since I mainly write fantasy, I figured that this would probably be good for me.

Matty Lee

Scribe
I was on another forum, and saw a banner add for you all. The dragon hooked me in and I read the articles on your home page (just so I could be sure of who I was dealing with) and now I'm here. Thanks for getting a banner ad, assuming your were responsible.

Argentum

Troubadour
I googled writing forums. I saw the picture add on another writing forum. That and the "Mythic Scribe: the art of storytelling" instead of the usual/cliche "fantasy writer guild" pulled me in.