• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Yay, other people who like fantasy!

Hey!

I've been a fantasy fan since I had to read The Hobbit in the eighth grade. I pretended to hate it like everyone else, but it was too cool for words. I'm afraid I floundered around hopelessly for many years, then I found people who taught me to play Dungeons and Dragons and what can I say...

I've been a Cleric of Tyr ever since.

Okay, that's a lie. I'm really a Drow.

And I'm rambling. Suffice it to say, I love fantasy. And you guys probably know what it's like... you try to tell people how awesome the fantasy genre really is and they look at you funny. It's so hard to find like-minded people in meatspace, so I'm here in cyberspace instead hoping to find others of my tribe.

Will you guys be my tribe? We could jump in puddles together. It'd be great.

Mindfire

Istar
The Hobbit, you say?

[video=youtube_share;b1SJ7yaa7cI]http://youtu.be/b1SJ7yaa7cI?hd=1[/video]

Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Ilharess, you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

You have a very good and original username, I love it... Yeah, I understand how difficult it is to talk to friends and other people about our passion for Fantasy, the same always happened to me before I discovered Mythic Scribes and met many new and wonderful friends in this community.

We look forward to see you participate in the many Forums and join our Mythic Chat =)

Ghost

Inkling
I welcome you, Ilharess del Lloun. Properly. :happy:

I didn't know there was a puddle-jumping tribe. What are the initiation rites like?

Thanks guys!

From the first time I read about the Drow I loved the language. I'm currently starting up on the Drizzt books, now that I've finished Trudi Canavan's Black Magician Trilogy. I look forward to being a member of this community, it looks great!

As for initiations... um... Jump in a puddle and have fun doing it. I'd say pics or it didn't happen, but the internet is a strange place to put up pics of oneself, haha.

Also... Can't wait for The Hobbit. I seriously never thought I would be lucky enough to have two Tolkien trilogies within my lifetime.

Last edited:

Zenke

Scribe
Nice to meet you Ilharess del Lloun! I'm sure you'll like it here becuase everyone is great. If I cycle trough puddles for fun does it count?

Weaver

Sage
Hey!

I've been a fantasy fan since I had to read The Hobbit in the eighth grade. I pretended to hate it like everyone else, but it was too cool for words....

Suffice it to say, I love fantasy. And you guys probably know what it's like... you try to tell people how awesome the fantasy genre really is and they look at you funny. It's so hard to find like-minded people in meatspace, so I'm here in cyberspace instead hoping to find others of my tribe.

Will you guys be my tribe? We could jump in puddles together. It'd be great.

Well, I didn't pretend to hate The Hobbit, but then, I read it back in 1980. I saw the movie (the animated one) a few years before, when I was 5 years old, and that's when I was hooked. I remember trying to tell my 1st-grade teacher about it (we'd been making little paper shadow-box things with pictures of our favorite stories, and mine featured Smaug in his lair), which resulted in a parent-teacher conference... :)

I definitely know what it's like to get those funny looks (or nasty comments, or death threats) from people in "meatspace" when I'm caught reading fantasy (or sci-fi), much less when I talk about it.

Careful about jumping in puddles, though. Remember what happened to young Digory and Polly when they tried that...