• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

SunshineEve

I was doing research for the story I'm currently writing and suddenly realized that I haven't been a part of a writing-related forum since I was about 12. So yesterday I typed "fantasy writer forum" in Google, and it took me to this place. It's great!

squishybug87

Minstrel
I googled 'fantasy writing website' and this was one of the first that popped up. I read the articles and I was genuinely impressed, so that sold the site for me. Then I realized that there was a forum here and figured 'why not?'.

FatCat

Maester
Started writing my WIP two weeks ago, and after reading what I had, I knew I needed some critiques. So I googled 'fantasy writer forum', bam, led me here. Worked out for the best, got some great help here and it's also a great website full of cool people!

Myshkin

Closed Account
I discovered you on facebook, but it was because someone shared some of the great art pieces you share for inspiration. The artwork tempted me to come and have a look.

MamaZia

Acolyte
I was searching specifically for Fantasy Writing Forums and this was the first link that came up. And because of the super cool name, Mythic Scribes, I was instantly interested! Great name, really. I love it! And so far, everyone has been so nice and helpful.

Alva

Scribe
By a happy accident, while surfing on the net. : D

I even originally forgot to favourite the link and well... lost my way to here for a while until I was able to regain my memory concerning on the correct spelling of the site title.

Weaver

Sage
I found this site thorugh a link on Twitter.

I'm glad I found it, too. After my disappointments with WritersCafe, and Urbis (Steve Spurgat owes me - I had over 100k unspent credits there, and I was going to completely dominate the sci-fi/fantasy review queue when I posted chapters of my novel... and then Steve got into a snit and deleted the site without warning. *sigh*), and a few other sites that were openly hostile toward all fantasy and sci-fi... I may not post my fiction here, but I'm already having a lot of friendly and reasonable conversations about writing with intelligent people - just what I was hoping for.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
I heard Dave Robison recommend it on The RoundTable Podcast. Soon after that, Antonio del Drago was a guest host.

That was exactly how I came to MS too. Only I am still catching up to the backlog of episodes, so the one with Black Dragon in it is faily recent for me.

mjmonarch

Dreamer
Google. I would be lost without Google. I even bought Google T-shirts to wear around the house. Google has changed the world in ways similar to electricity.

No, I am not an employee of Google.