• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Weaver - an intro

Weaver

Sage
Hi. My name is Weaver. Well, Thomas Weaver, actually. Well, Weaver is my middle name, but at some point I decided to use it in place of my legal surname when I'm writing...

I write fantasy, obviously; otherwise I'd not be here. I also write science ficiton, and I hope no one holds that against me. (Fear not, I have no plans to post the sci-fi stuff on this site.) I'm tempted to quote from an essay by one of my favorite authors in which he explained why there cannot truly be a clear division between fantasy and sci-fi, but I'll save that for later, should it become relevant.

I have a "day job" as a freelance proofreader and editor. I seem to just have a knack for it. Fortunately, I like correcting bad punctuation and telling an author that a dagger that has just been used to stab through armor is no good for shaving.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Welcome Weaver! I think that is a perfect name for an author, even better if it is part of your real name.

I too write SF but am not planning to post that here. I found that most of the things I turn to this forum for are not genre specific. Plot is plot, character is character and good storytelling is good storytelling. Some of the SF stories I am working on could in their core be told as fantasy just as well.

Weaver

Sage
Thanks for the welcomes, all of you.

Yes, it's my real name. I am almost certain Reaver was joking when he complained about it in the chat room yesterday... :) I've been tempted at times to use the name of one of my novel characters as a screen name, but that would probably confuse everyone. I have enough trouble as it is, whenever I write in first person, getting readers to understand that the "I" telling the story isn't me.

(*embarrassed to find a typo in my original post*)