• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone! Glad to be here.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Lisa, aka "Rise of the Tiger." By day, I write for video productions and such at a digital agency, and by night I'm a screenwriter (for passion projects) and a fantasy novelist. I recently decided to stop waiting for a publisher to love my work and start doing what author Austin Kleon (of "Steal Like An Artist" fame) calles "practicing in public."

I hope it's okay to mention this -- but I'm currently practicing my fantasy work in public at Rise Of The Tiger. It's a serial epic, being dropped in bite-sized twice-weekly posts, complete with art from some awesome established and new talent. I'm learning a lot, and would really enjoy your constructive feedback to make this "practice" run even better. There's something freeing and energizing about getting your own work out there and interacting with an audience! I'm excited!

I also blog about what I'm learning about craft at Journey Craft - JourneyCraft.tv is the website of Lisa England to help writers develop their stories..

I'm also passionate about Sanskrit languages, East Asian culture, Scandinavian epic literature and pretty much anything that has to do with German medieval combat (kunst des fechtens). But don't ask me to demonstrate the four guards... 'cause I don't actually practice. ;) Would love to take lessons some day!

Looking forward to meeting other writers here, and learning and growing together.

All the best,
Lisa

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Lisa, you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

Thanks for that wonderful introduction, I am sure that you are very talented and will be a great new member for our Mythic Scribes community. You have come to the right place, and we all wish that you will soon feel like home with us =)

When you have 5 and more posts please visit the private Forums like the Showcase, and we also have public chat rooms open from Friday to Sunday every week- Hope to see you there!!

Have a great day.

Thanks, Sheila!

Thank you, Sheilawisz! I'm glad to be here! Appreciate the welcome.

Hello Lisa, you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

Thanks for that wonderful introduction, I am sure that you are very talented and will be a great new member for our Mythic Scribes community. You have come to the right place, and we all wish that you will soon feel like home with us =)

When you have 5 and more posts please visit the private Forums like the Showcase, and we also have public chat rooms open from Friday to Sunday every week- Hope to see you there!!

Have a great day.