• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing blog software/hosts

Konstanz

Minstrel
I have been toying around with the idea of creating a blog to share all my files of worldbuilding and the stories I write in those worlds. The thing is I can't find a good software to do so. I'd like it to be some sort of blog with different categories and tabs. I'd like it to be customizable in both appearance and organization. I'd prefer something with a quick tutorial and an easy to use interface. Something that doesn't require me to script a skin (a skill I don't possess).

Perhaps some of you have found something like that? Blogger/blogspot are OK but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. If it isn't linked to a google account, that's a plus too.

Motley

Minstrel
I second the vote for Wordpress. It is completely customizable if you host it on your own domain I know. I'm not sure about the free version.

Konstanz

Minstrel
I have a question about Joomla. How do you host the blog? Do you have to pay for a host or can you upload the codes/site made with Joomla to a (free) blog service such as Wordpress or Blogger? Or does the program supply hosting service as well (with site names like www.whatever.joomla.com)?