• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone!

Hey everyone. I've been looking up writing forums on the internet to join, and I like this one. Seems to have a pretty active community, and from what I read in the grand total of 1 topic I've replied to, everyone here seems to know a good amount about writing.

Anyways, my name is Spencer Conrad, but I go by legacyblade on the interwebs. I've been writing fantasy since I was 11 (it wasn't very GOOD fantasy back then, but lots of practice on writing, eh?) and my parents used to buy me piles and piles of books on how to write well. I'm guessing it's because I forced them to read my stories and they couldn't stand just how awful they were. So because of this, i know a good bit about writing...

but the trouble is finding the time to write, you know? I really want to write full time, but I need enough money to support myself till my writing takes off. So i'm hoping to earn enough money to quit my job as an internet marketer buy using these skills to make and sell a product about what I find interesting: writing fantasy.

No, I'm not going to spam your forums with adverts about courses I'm writing. True, my main motivation for looking for fantasy writing forums was to get to know people in the market I'm aiming at. But also, almost NONE of my real life friends are writers, so I need some friends who share my hobby and can give me feedback and advice. (though I would like it if you could fill out the really short survey currently set as my homepage :p Apparently I can't have a signature or it would be linked to down there.)

Anyways, thanks for reading my long introduction. I hope to enjoy my stay here on the forums. I'll probably post some snippets of writing soon for advice on.

P.S. I'm loving how much more active this forum is than the other fantasy writing forum I'm currently on.

Don't worry about the long introduction. We are a community of readers and writers and you'll get to see that some of us have a hard time keeping the word-count down (and why would we?) in our posts.

You'll find that we all have our hand extended in friendship here. It's a great community.

Jump in and start sharing.

Thanks for the greet. And I'm glad you guys don't have anything about long wordy posts. I'm not all that great about being brief (it bugs people on RPG making forums :p), so I'm glad to be among equally wordy people.

And I'll take you up on that, with the posting. I hope to make a lot of friends here :D

TWErvin2

Auror
Spencer Conrad / Legacyblade,

Welcome to the forum. Yes, this is an active place with a lot of friendly people.

Finding time to write is always a challenge, but making it a priority helps a lot.

Look forward to seeing you on the forum here.

Terry