• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNo Progress

soulless

Troubadour
Absolutely nothing achieved at work today, except work type stuff, but not much to do this evening, after I've made something to eat anyway, so hopefully can at least reach my target for today.

Hmm, so it's two days in and I've failed NaNoWriMo.

-_-

I'm writing about 2-4K words per day and don't see any way of increasing that. Now, normally that would be great for the purposes of NaNo, but I'm writing in 3 different projects -_- :eek:

So it looks like I will come up short. ARGH :p

JCFarnham

Auror
I think I may currently be flogging the life out of my current episode. I need to move one. That right there is the beauty of the serial format. I'd tell you what my total is but the site keeps crashing and to be honest it's far too measly to admit to.

JCFarnham

Auror

-_-

I'm writing about 2-4K words per day and don't see any way of increasing that. Now, normally that would be great for the purposes of NaNo, but I'm writing in 3 different projects -_- :eek:

So you're going for 150,000? Because the way I look at it 2-4k a day is by no means failing NaNo. It's the exact opposite. Look on the bright side, friend :)

soulless

Troubadour

-_-

2-4K per day is 60-120K... definately not a failure in my eyes.

I have beaten what I wrote yesterday, with a chapter of 785 words, bringing me up to 1356 so far, so still behind my target of 3400 by the end of today. I'll be wading back in to write another chapter after this short break.

soulless

Troubadour
I got to 1188 before midnight struck for the end of day 2, 1759 in total, so I've passed my target for day 1... just a bit late :) I know my quantity will pick up though when I get deeper into my story and get to the scene I want to really get my writing teeth into.

It's failing when it's split up amongst three projects: 20K to 40K per project. Plus I don't think I'll maintain this pace, that's just been the pace this week.

Releasing my first nonfiction essay today though, which is at the same time exciting and worrisome. I have too much to say about my field to not publish this series though.

MAndreas

Troubadour
2010 tonight (probably crap since my day job sucked out my few remaining brain cells) but that puts me at 4492 at end of day 2. I'm trying to hit 2,000 a day on weekdays (I work mon-fri) and at least 3,500 (preferably more) on week-ends.

Question- would there be a way to make a sticky post with word wars on it? You can download the widget from the site (I have one on my blog). Just wondering!

Raziel

Minstrel
On day three as I write this. At 3,187 words so far. First time doing this and I going seat of the pants. I like it, things are getting interesting pretty quickly. I like writing in segments 'cause then you get to stew on things as you go about your day and it doesn't 'run the well dry' as they say.

As I write I am so tempted to go back and fix things or reword. Stopping myself though because it is best to keep it raw for the time being.

Germany's winning in the competition part by the way but it's all for fun right? I'm surprised there are so many of us out there. Amazed I don't know more writers personally.

All the best everyone!!

soulless

Troubadour
Had a good sleep, but no time to write now as I have to be out the door in less than an hour, and still to get ready. I'm away for the weekend but hoping to get some writing time in this evening still. Hopefully I can figure out what to do in my next chapter before then.

Raziel

Minstrel
3952 words and counting, I don't think it's very good but when I don't like it others usually do, go figure. Now off to bed at 6pm, arrgh, 3rd shift.

myrddin173

Maester
Currently at 3925, only ended up writing 400 and change words yesterday so now I have to start playing catch up.

soulless

Troubadour
A wrote a grand total of 0 yesterday, but I'm not at home this weekend, not much time available and couldn't get in the right frame of mind when I had a little time. Tonight should be better when I get back.

Done baby, now it's time to get the rest of the project ironed out and start transcribing the real meaning. 36k in a day, what a way to go out.

Butterfly

Auror
I'm up to 7042. As it's Sunday I'm hoping to reach the 10,000 mark by today. It's not looking likely though, as I haven't written a single word so far.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Got 6,947. Looks like I'm still on course. Going back to work tomorrow, so I guess I'll be losing some productivity. Need something to get me through the week! Anyone want to shoot for 2,000 words tomorrow? Match it or raise it?

MAndreas

Troubadour
Got 6,947. Looks like I'm still on course. Going back to work tomorrow, so I guess I'll be losing some productivity. Need something to get me through the week! Anyone want to shoot for 2,000 words tomorrow? Match it or raise it?

Ummm- since you're a day ahead- tomorrow today or today today? It's 7:40 am on sunday where I am right now, but I'll see your 2,000 for today and raise you another thou ;).

If you're talking my tomorrow- aka monday- I'll stick with 2,000. I can't work on it at my day job, and 2,000 is about my limit for a work night ;).

Last edited: