• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNo Progress

Graylorne

Archmage
I did only 1,065 today, with a total of 6,341.

Doesn't help to have to have to do research every time something happens.

Butterfly

Auror
Done it, wrote 3,000 today, made it to 10,000 overall (give or take a dozen words).

It sort of feels a little like I've hit a milestone for some reason.

Jes

Dreamer
Great job, Butterfly! I technically wrote 4,174 words today if you count what I erased of what I wrote yesterday. Worst part about NaNoWriMo for me is getting around the "fixing things" instinct. I'm terrible with that. But I think it turns out better for me when I give in a little.

MAndreas

Troubadour
Jes- you might try just changing the font for the "crap words" to light gray. They won't bug you, but they'll still be in your word count ;).

MAndreas

Troubadour
Think I'm turning in early tonight- I'm at a really good starting spot so I kind of what to save it for tomorrow evening.

Word count for today = 2102

total count since Nov 1 = 10,847

Quote I created that told me it was time to walk away tonight = "The first rule of NaNoWriMo is: You do not talk about NaNoWriMo. The second rule of NaNoWriMo is: You do not talk about NaNoWriMo. Third rule of NaNoWriMo: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, you take away their computer."

Good night and good luck!

myrddin173

Maester
up 2,227 words today reaching 6,152. My best day yet, tomorrow probably won't be as good since I have classes and stuff.

Raziel

Minstrel
As of 1am on the 5 I now have 5,742 words. I think I hit my first roadblock or rather, fork in the road. I have something really good itching to get out but I can't connect it at the moment. I think this is where I should move to another part and work with that. This is a great. My thanks everybody for everything. 'Nay sayers' and 'go getters' both brign their own knowledge and wisdom.

Keep slingin' those words! ;)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Up to 8,750. Was a bit slower tonight, but didn't start writing until 10 pm after work. So it's 2 hours later and I need to sleep. Pretty decent day. Story isn't complete crap, so that's a good sign. We'll see how I'm looking come week 2. Keep it up folks!

Graylorne

Archmage
Ended at 8,937, that's 2,596 today. Not bad. A lot of tell and dialogue, but at least the bare bones are there.

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
My goal is only 30k, yet I still managed to fall behind. How's that for a project's esteem? ^_^"

Two days behind at 2.7k, but I hope to remedy that tonight and tomorrow since I have them off work.

myrddin173

Maester
Up to 7942 for today, I'm still trying to make up for my dismal performance on Friday. I don't know how much I will be able to write tomorrow, I have a couple papers to write.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Passed the 10K mark as well, at 10,580. Stayed up entirely too late last night and woke up entirely too early. Oh well. Everyone's goal by the end of the day? Try to get 10K if you can!

soulless

Troubadour
Things are improving, I'm just short of 3000 words now, almost past the tricky parts of my plot and heading in to the hopefully easier parts to write, the scenes I really want to get stuck into.

Raziel

Minstrel
11, 423 for the 6th.

This is probably the most I've ever written on one subject, ever. And it is awesome!

Hypervorean

Scribe
I passed the 20k mark last night. I have decided to raise my goal to a solid 100.000 words. I have done another 2000 words today so far, so I am right on track ;)

Jes

Dreamer
I hit 14k last night. I will definitely make my goal of 15k by tonight! I'm hoping to hit 50k by the 20th!