• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNo Progress

JCFarnham

Auror
I'm shamed by you guys. This year is a total bust for me. I'm in no way in the right frame of mind to be writing this much. Still I have four episodes done. If circumstances didn't dictate I quit I could have seen my plan of serial fiction working to the end. I'd love to be the kind of writer who can take this amount of time off and bash out 40,000 words on the 29th alone... But I'm very much not haha.

Well done so far everyone!

Graylorne

Archmage
Today's score: 2,022 - Total score: 23,484

Had to rewrite some more; some things I can't just shrug off till later, it would eat my mind... But now I'm back on trail, so I'm reasonably satisfied.

soulless

Troubadour
I had a poor start as I know the first weekend I wouldn't get anything done as I was away from home. I was confident of being back on target, or close to it, within the following week but this didn't pan out for one reason or another, and this week I am really struggling to write more than a couple of paragraphs. I am a little way from 6000 words and now its sinking in that I probably won't reach the month's goal. Next year I think a few days off work should help :)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Fell behind big time the last two days: was worn out one day and just fell asleep after hardly writing and last night didn't write at all after work and doing extra classes online. Ugh. So now in order to catch up today I have to write 4,000 words tonight. Double ugh. Anyone want to challenge me? 4K or death today!

EDIT: Well, worked for two hours and managed 3,272. That was a long night. But I got some pretty good stuff. And I'm almost back on course. Tomorrow is Saturday here, so I should get to crank some more out tomorrow if things pan out. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Knocked it out today and now officially back on track after having a couple of droll days earlier in the week. I love weekends. Now up to 30,028. About 20K more to go and the novel hasn't lost its steam yet. In fact, it's still got a long way to go I think after I hit the 50K, which always makes me pretty happy. Hope everyone else is having lots of luck!

Graylorne

Archmage
Today's score: 1,126 - Total score: 31,203

Not too much, I'm getting a bit tired. Not tired of writing, just tired. Normally I'd leave the manuscript for a week or so, when I feel like this, to let my imagination recuperate. That wouldn't be a good idea now, ofc. Ah well, it's only 12 days more.
Keep it up, folks, we'll get there!

Amanita

Maester
I'm really happy at the moment as well. I got into NaNo extremely badly but after a meeting with fellow writers living close by this has changed considerably.
Haven't done much else during my free time the last days but now I'm way within the desired limit. Haven't written that much for ages. ;)
Now, I have the realistic chance to finish the first draft of my book within this year and that's really great because I've been working on it for ages and actually finishing has never really crossed my mind for quite a while. ;)
Somethimes, I do need the occasional kick in the ass.

MAndreas

Troubadour
Just checking in! I've had way too many frelling 0 word days this month :(- so playing catch up, yet again. It's noon here, so about to break for a quick lunch. Have 2,000 words in this morning ( at 26,719) aiming for another 4,000 afternoon and evening.
I'm really liking this book however (and I'll love it once it's edited me thinks ;)). A good epic fantasy, having fun with the set up (almost done with act one- then I can REALLY mess with my characters!)

Hope it's going great for you folks!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Annd I finally caught up! Total for today 5374, total over all 30,064- not caught up to some of you folks, but at least back up to nano minimum!

Hope everyone had a great nano week-end :)

Anyone else planning on going from 5K to 40K over the long Thanksgiving weekend? -_-

Although I've had a very productive month in other areas (non-fiction, revision and marketing, short stories, etc), I've done next to nothing on my NaNo story. Planning on posting a close to complete word count this week. Here's hoping!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I've got a three day weekend coming up, so I'm hoping to not squander it completely. It fell a tad behind since I felt tired from work last night. If it wasn't for work I'd be finished by now (in my dreams).

Hovering around 33,000. Still pretty good for the moment and it feels like my novel hasn't really shifted into the main story yet. I guess that's good, considering I'm hoping to make it longer anyway.

Graylorne

Archmage
This afternoon I hadn't much hope on an acceptable score (or even any score at all), but still it ended at 1,145. Total score: 34,147.

Nathan_Boole

Dreamer
As of today I'm at 44064 words. Not too bad considering that I am, by my estimation, a little less than half done with the story as a whole. Still, 50k will be no problem, and I plan to keep writing as far into December and beyond as it takes to finish the story.