• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Feel Free to Pick on the New Girl

Jes

Dreamer
Hello, Mythic Scribes!

I'm actually really excited to see a forum like this - I had no idea it was here (thank you, Facebook)! My forum handle is fairly straightforward - it's my first name! As a novelist and an artist, I certainly don't mind using my real name.

I am a crazy dragon fangirl, of course. They are magnificent creatures that I love to take and mold into something other dragon lovers out there haven't seen yet. I have also written a few books, but I don't feel that any of them are worthy of traditional publishing just yet. I will be starting a new one with NaNoWriMo in a few days, too. Definitely looking forward to that!

As far as my more visually artistic side goes, lately I have been spending a lot of time working on a webcomic called Runebreathers. It won't be officially released until January 1st, 2013 but in the meantime I've been sharing my practice and explorations on my blog. I also post my other artistic pursuits, including mapmaking and digital painting.

On Fridays (or Fantasy Fridays, as they are called on my blog) I post short stories of the Fantasy genre - mostly explorations of my fantastic worlds. Feel free to come take a look!

One last interest that I have is in coding and building websites. Every piece of art you find on my blog is my own work (unless otherwise stated). However, my main website (jespeterson.com) is comprised of commissioned artwork bought from two very talented artists: Jacob Probelski and Lliga Smilshkalne. I used their images (specifically drawn for my site and my books) and coded the entire website by hand.

It has been an interesting adventure, building my online presence, and I look forward to seeing what the rest of you have done here! Mythic Scribes looks like my kind of lair.

See you around!

Jes

Sparkie

Auror
Welcome, Jes. It's good to have you around.

Books, short stories, webcomics, site creation, mapmaking...

You must be like crazy smart! Is there anything you can't do?!?

Jes

Dreamer
Hah! I'm sure there are plenty of things, yes! Not for lack of trying, though.

Thanks!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome aboard
Warm your toes by the fire...
[And any hints on map-making may be warmly welcomed by some [and by that I mean me]...]

Jes

Dreamer
I'm more than happy to offer some insight into making maps. I'll go through the World Building forum when I get home from work, too. Uploaded my latest map to the cartography gallery, in case anyone is curious about my style. :)

Ooo, a fellow map maker in the house. Very nice. We'll have to get together and compare notes. Welcome to the show, enjoy your stay, and almost everyone either doesn't bite or has their shots... I think.

Ooo, a fellow map maker in the house. Very nice. We'll have to get together and compare notes. Welcome to the show, enjoy your stay, and almost everyone either doesn't bite or has their shots... I think.

Oh. Ummmm. well, funny story.

But, welcome Jes! We're a very merry bunch. Gather round, for there are tales to be heard, and friends to be made!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
No one seems to have picked on the new girl yet... so maybe I won't either :)
Welcome aboard and yes, we either do not bite or have our shots. So if you planned on becoming a lycanthrope here, you are out of luck.

Regarding visual art... well, I used to do that, but since I no longer can, I turned my attention to the written word more and more :)

Jes

Dreamer
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I appreciate it!

And I am not scared yet, Mister DarknessRising Guy!

Oh really? Really? REEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

OK. that's nice. But I will pick on you. and you can't stop me! mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lawrence

Troubadour
Welcome to Mythic Scribes Jes, very nice intro post, thank you :)

Your site is beautiful! Well done to you and your friends. I look forward to reading some of your work!