• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNo Progress

Butterfly

Auror
Up to 48797,means I've only got 1203 words left to go.

So, who's up for the challenge of finishing this thing tomorrow?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'd love to do that Butterfly, but I think I'm too far away at the moment. I'll sure give it a try though! I'm at 45,209. I guess I could write about 4,800 words in one day...?

Butterfly

Auror
Done it, finished!!!

Final (verified) word count 50322.

I suppose now comes the hardest bit... filling in all the plot holes (and I have... a few).

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Congrats Butterfly! Get to filling in those holes!

46,719. I officially have two days left now! I'm just about right on track and I know today is going to be a bad day because I have to work AFTER work tonight, so that's always a crap writing day. Wish me luck!

Graylorne

Archmage
Done. Fi-nished. Validated word count: 50,065.

Phew.

Now, as Butterfly so rightly said, comes the real work. Beat, slam and slap it into form. But not today...

Gratz to everyone who made it already.

Phil, kick it over the finish line; luck!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm pretty close! 48,337. One more day of work and I should have it. Congrats to you Graylorne! It was a pleasure checking in on everyone as they inched towards the finish line.

However, I have a proposal...hear me out.

Those of us that plan to continue working past the 50K and/or do more editing work, I say we keep updating each other somewhere on the forum and motivate each other to get these novels into something more than just a "project to do in November." What do you say? More motivation the better for me!

Graylorne

Archmage
I'm pretty close! 48,337. One more day of work and I should have it. Congrats to you Graylorne! It was a pleasure checking in on everyone as they inched towards the finish line.

However, I have a proposal...hear me out.

Those of us that plan to continue working past the 50K and/or do more editing work, I say we keep updating each other somewhere on the forum and motivate each other to get these novels into something more than just a "project to do in November." What do you say? More motivation the better for me!

Well, I'm game. My 50k. are part II of my Scarfar w.i.p. but on the way it became a changeling. A totallly different baby than I started out with in part I. So I can use some encouragement to keep on puzzling how to turn it into one story.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Boy, that "validator" almost screwed me up royally at the end. According to my word count, I have over 50,000, but according to NaNo's I had 48,800 something. So I had to write over 1,000 words in about 30 minutes to get my word count to 50,014 about 10 minutes before midnight. I can't believe I cut it that close! Stupid validator!

In any case, I made it! Woo hoo! It's been a great month and then first time I've written a fantasy novel without having multiple POVs. And I must admit, it was rather refreshing. I haven't sworn off multiple POVs in the future, but sticking with one main character kept my plot more focused and therefore easier to advance. So...whew!

Cheers to everyone who made it! Congrats! And for those that gave it a try but didn't make it, this isn't the end. Use what you've written and keep up the good habit of writing everyday. I know I hope to!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Just wanted to check in and send congrats to all who made it! I finished on Wed night, and just now am adding new words. Looks like a fairnumber of folks here made it! Congrats all!