• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

It was a dark and stormy night...

craenor

Scribe
...or really more of a misting, dreary, noon day.

Greetings all! A friend just introduced me to this forum, and I knew I had to join, so thank you for welcoming me (going to assume that you are going to welcome me, if not - awkward!).

I've begun to dabble some in self-publishing, with only one published piece to show for it thus far, but I am looking to build on that.

From a writing perspective, I tend to employee a direct approach without a lot of flowery exposition or excessive description. However, I am endeavoring to branch out - broaden myself as a writer.

I'm an avid gamer, and have been for decades. I seriously doubt that will ever change. I even met my wife while playing World of Warcraft (we were in the same guild together). It wasn't love at first raid, but it manage to get there in time, and we couldn't be happier.

We live in Austin, TX, where I work at Dell, and she's a PhD student at the University of Texas School of Information.

I have a number of other things eating up my creative time these days, but I'll just keep those tucked away for now, because I don't want to spill all of the secrets.

Thanks for having me. :)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Craenor, welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

You have a sword avatar, I guess you like swords... many of us are sword admirers, and you can find a special Swords thread at the Research Forum. You have written a very good introduction about yourself, it's always great to have interesting new people like you joining our Mythic Scribes community.

You have come to the right place, and I wish that you will feel like home and make new friends among us.

Xaysai

Inkling
Greetings fellow writer, gamer and married guy!

Congratulations on your published work, perhaps one day I will join the ranks!