• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Supportive feedback and community.

Chilari

Staff
Ok, well how about Saturday mornings for us, Saturday afternoon/ evenings for Phil? Say this:

Phil: 6pm
Konstanz: 10am
Me: 9am

We'd all, reasonably, be awake and if Phil wants a Saturday night on the town he's got after 7pm to do it.

Konstanz

Minstrel
This would be perfect during normal years, however because I have exams in January, I'll be spending most of my Christmas Holiday studying and I can't study in the evening. The later it gets, the more concentration issues I have (which is kind of strange since I'm an evening person in general). So that's why I really have to study at 10 am until the end of January (when the exams are over). I could perhaps try to make an exception but that's not all that likely :/ Isn't there another time (like around 5pm for me or something?) we can all get online?

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass right now.

Chilari

Staff
5pm would be fine for me, it'd be 4pm here. Phil, it'd be what, 1am for you? Would be that doable?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
1 am is a bit too late for me. I know I said I'm flexible, but I won't be much use at 1 am. Why don't we wait until Konstanz is through with her school stuff and work out a time then? I could do morning time or late night, but doing anything past 12 am doesn't really work.

EDIT: I can do like 10 pm or 11 pm my time, which I guess would be 2 or 3 pm your time. Is that possible?

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
We could do a trial run, I think. Why not try it for one week and see how it goes? Then if the times are too difficult for everyone, we could adjust.

So if we can just set up a time in the coming week or so, I'm on board.

Konstanz

Minstrel
(Konstanz is a he. It's a German, male name. :p) 3 or perhaps 4 PM would be possible. I'd only have 1 hour though.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Oh, sorry about that! OK, let's do this then. One hour is long enough.

Here's a plan:

1. Let's share our Skype info in a private message. I'll send mine to both of you.
2. Someone else can set up the Google Docs group. I don't know much about that. I guess it's pretty easy, but if someone is more familiar with it, then let me know.
3. Let's watch Sanderson's first lecture and be prepared to talk about it.
4. Let's decide what we plan on doing with this:
a. Writing a new novel.
b. Re-working old stuff (which I don't want to do, but don't mind if others do)
c. Doing bi-weekly assignments in addition to working on our WIPs
d. Assigning a group leader for each session

Thoughts? In the meantime, I'll PM you both my Skype info.

Chilari

Staff
Sounds good to me. I don't have experience with Google Docs but if neither of you do either then I'm happy to have a poke around and see what's what.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
If you guys are using Google Docs you might also look at a Google+ hangout instead of Skype. Those work well.

ascanius

Inkling
Is it too late to join? I have only one issue, I'm overseas in Europe so attending weekly meets is going to be tough. And the only other thing is I have every intention of contributing but due to my very limited writing experience I fear I may not have anything useful for everyone else.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
We're all overseas in different areas, so working out a time is going to be tough for all of us. We're hoping to do a trial run to see if it's going to work or not.