• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Again

Ifinx

Scribe
Hey everyone. I'm not exactly brand new to this forum but its been a long time since I've been online. Currently I'm suffering from a bad case of writers block. Which made me think to get on here and reintroduce myself and hopefully out of the ashes I'll make a few new friends or more. How is everyone?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Ifinx
I'm doing okay today...
I've got the ole' block myself so I am watching French & Italian movies until it goes away... there is something about subtitles...
How are you?

Ifinx

Scribe
Thanks guys for the reply.

I am currently at work waiting for customers to come in. I've been trying to read books, posts, magazines, or anything that could be interesting enough to spark my creative side.

I have really good ideas for different points in the book. Just never one right after another. I'm still very new to writing and I know it shows in my work. The main thing is I enjoy it.

@CupOfJoe - How do subtitles help you? That's rather interesting.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
@CupOfJoe - How do subtitles help you? That's rather interesting.
I think its the dissociation of the words that are said and the words as they appear on screen.
You can get the emotion and direction from the speech and then you get the written interpretation of what was said and sometimes they don't quiet match...
It doesn't work with German or Nordic films but with Italian, Spanish, French and even Russian it works.
I have really good ideas for different points in the book. Just never one right after another.
And I have that problem too. For me it is often a case of too many ideas and not enough plot...
The main thing is I enjoy it.
and that IS the main thing!