• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Reaver

Staff
You know who else is a crazy @*&^%]+= ?? Snake from Metal Gear. But he's also a bad )%#!@~*> .

David Ivanov

Minstrel
One fine day while on my way to Ipswich by sea
I met a rather charming chap who asked me in to tea
It seems he was a dragon You know, the kind with wings
teeth and tails, and claws, and scales,
and all those dragonlike details.
I admit I jumped a bit when he began to sing:

"I'm the Reluctant Dragon what ho! Quite so!
The very reluctant dragon Oh, very, very, don't you know!

They call me the timid dragon What rot! I'm not!
I just won't fight I'd rather play
I know I shan't get hurt that way
Here we go gathering nuts in May
Whoops! I'm reluctant!"

Obviously not original with me, but my wife's uncle loves to recite this at length (much more than I can remember), and it seemed sufficiently random for this thread.

For my family it's not the uncle, it's my Aunt Clara. She is the font of wisdom and arbitrator of disputes in my lineage.

Now granted, she simply re-packages conventional wisdom with a Sicilian flavor. Take for example her positon on the old adage of "give a fish, teach a fisherman."

Clara remarked, "Give a man a match, an he has heat for a moment. But set a man on fire and he has heat for the rest of his life."

Oh, and the angel-hair pasta she serves...

I think we should all dress up like Indians and toss those pesky penguins into Boston Harbor.

There are precedents. First, Americans now view executive orders as serious as adding fabric softener. You should be able to leverage a nice wooden colonial schooner on the secondary market with Fannie Mae funds.

And as for the penguins, since I've been married I just don't trust guys in tuxedos.

FatCat

Maester
945983_zpsa7bc4968.jpg

Hmmm, that begs the questions, if this Batman villian could be defined by his sanguinities, would they really be penguinities?

Is Bruce Wayne's jaw actually a Batmandible? Is a pain in the butt actually a Jokerectum? If Julie Newmar wrote all of her clues to her crimes in verse, would she actually be Cat-the-hat Woman?

Stop me, it's a curse...