• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Wildjlady's Introduction

wildjlady

Dreamer
My real name is Lois, using the forum name wildjlady. I live in Virginia and do mostly railroad-related stories as well as fiction set in the Victorian era. My fantasy stories relate a group of steam locomotives who fled the railroad to keep from being scrapped. They live in a forest, and have their own community and relationships. I hope to tell more of my world as time goes on.
wildjlady

Sherman

Scribe
611100_zpsd4cdcc3a.png

Profile pic I made for you. 100 x 100 for the profile

611-80_zps69b3f08a.png

And an avatar. 80 x 80

I tried pasting the URL's but that isn't working. It won't show them--so you will have to right click the pictures with your mouse and save them on your computer so you can use them.

Last edited:

wildjlady

Dreamer
Wildjlady, as most of the characters in my stories, are based on real locomotives, all from one railroad. The remainder are offspring and animal companions. Lady was originally a normal locomotive but she felt that life in the wild would be much better than being in a museum, so she left and took the freedom she most desperately wanted. With all my locomotive characters, the attitude is the same. They would rather live free than be penned up in a museum or worse, scrapped.

Sherman

Scribe
The avatar and profile pic I made is your principle character--Lady. Mine is Sherman from our old RPG boards.

wildjlady

Dreamer
I will be describing my world in greater detail in other threads. But I will note that writing a fantasy story involving locomotives from a real railroad is rare. I think I wanted to do this in part to give these locomotives the freedom I felt they should have, to run and do as they please without harassment. With that, I created the wild engine world, "wild engine" being my name for these locomotives living in freedom. Actually, "Feral" would be the more correct term, but as I seem to see many times from the locomotives' point of view in my stories, I use the language they would use and not the scientific terms used by humans.
"I am the Thoroughbred of Steam. Born to run. Born to be free."