• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hobbit Production Diary #3 - Must See!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
This one is amazing, with several great surprises scattered throughout!

[video=youtube_share;t47TXEi0No0]http://youtu.be/t47TXEi0No0[/video]

Chilari

Staff
Awesome. Thanks for posting it. Can't wait til it comes out - does anyone know the expected release date of part 1? And is Andy Serkis the second unit director as well as being Gollum? Cause that's cool.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Yeah, the cameo at the end is terrific. :)

Here are the release dates:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 14, 2012

The Hobbit: There and Back Again - December 13, 2012

Although the two films are titled The Hobbit, only the main storyline is derived from the book of the same name. The films also chronicle events from Tolkien's Unfinished Tales as well as the appendices from Lord of the Rings.

That is cool, Chilari. Andy Serkis did a little directing in the LOTR trilogy, most notably the scenes where Smeagol murders Deagol and begins to transform into Gollum.

Argentum

Troubadour
Wait, are both movies being released the same year? We're not going to have to wait a whole year in between? Whoo!
I am so excited! I gotta say, though, when I heard Andy Circus say, "Bless us and splash us, my precious" I was thrilled just to hear him spout the same words from the book.

myrddin173

Maester
Argentum, sadly the movies will becoming out a year apart, if you look closely at the post you will see the second movie was coming out before the first, it was a typo. Of course I wish you were right, I do not want to wait a year.

Argentum

Troubadour
Aw a shame. I expected the year difference, but getting to see both at once would have been amazing. Still, to be expected as the other LOTR movies were a year apart.

Aegle

Minstrel
I think it's better that it's extended into two different films; it's liable to be more in correlation with the actual story itself. :) It's so worth it, to me!

Now I'm humming, "Oh what shall we do? With the funny li'l things!" :)

Argentum

Troubadour
Ah, those old hobbit songs! I usually end up singing, "That's what Bilbo Baggins hates, so carefully, carefully with the plates!" That song was absolutely horrible! Poor Bilbo!

Anyway, I hope they make another video soon. I hear Orlando Bloom and Stephen Fry arrived and I'd love to start seeing them as they arrive. I am so grateful they're doing this. I mean, sure, they're probably making money off this, keeping us all excited and building up excitement, but still, we could all be waiting in agony (unless you forget it entirely).

Aegle

Minstrel
I believe the "Funny lit'l things" sticks with me moreso due to it actually carried to tune in the Hobbit Movie from the 70s. XD