• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nuin-ost-Erell (Land Between Rivers)

Geldor

Scribe
Also known as Ostland in the common tongue, it is the last realm of the Elves other then the Isle of Telarion. It is a densely forested realm between two rivers, the Nuineren (Nuin- River, Eren- Still) and the Nuinviel (Viel- Star). The rivers protect it from outsiders on three sides and it is protected to the south by the sea.

The elves that live there are not immortal as they forsook their immortality when they chose not to go to the Isle of Telarion, although not immortal they can live for nearly a thousand years.

It is said that other then the Ostmen* no men live between the rivers. It is rumored that spirits lurk in the waters of the rivers dragging trespassers to their deaths, many rangers though claim that it is the arrows of the elves and the fast flow of the rivers that kill the trespassers.

*Ostmen- loyal men that stood by the elves during the war of the three races between elves, men and dwarves.

Any feedback would be most appreciated, please give some.

Jessquoi

Troubadour
Sounds good. I like the idea about the spirits actually being elves. What I don't understand is the geographical layout. How could this land be protected by rivers on three sides and ocean on the last side? That would make it an island? Where do the rivers join up? In a book, this would just have to be simple and easy to understand.

Geldor

Scribe
I was thinking of having the same river split above the forest and run down into two separate estuaries on either side of the forest.