• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, everyone!

SpoonyBardon

Dreamer
I'm really excited to be a part of this community!

I've been writing fiction & non-fiction for quite some time, but never in any professional capacity beyond my college newspaper. I have a degree in Anthropology & make my money working as a Windows system admin, but this past year I had sort of an epiphany that writing is what I need to focus on as a career, and it's what I'm happiest doing.

While I was away on a trip this month I decided the best way to kickstart myself into action would be to go in as gung-ho as possible, so (in addition to the novel I've been working on) I have launched a Tale-a-Week project where I write and post a new short story every week. Right now I'm on Week 2!

Anyway, I wanted to immerse myself more in the fantasy writing community, and this forum looked perfect, so here I am. Thanks for reading & looking forward to getting to know all of you! :D

Jess A

Archmage
Hi and welcome Spoony :)

What is your avatar? It's too small to see it well, but it's intriguing.

Jessquoi

Troubadour
That's wonderful that you're following your dreams Spoony! I've seen too many cases of 'dream but don't do'. Welcome and good luck!

SpoonyBardon

Dreamer
Looks like a jackalope to me.

Yep! It's the majestic jackalope! I always liked it as a symbol of stories so well done that even in the face of glaring reality, some can't help but believe they're real.

That's wonderful that you're following your dreams Spoony! I've seen too many cases of 'dream but don't do'. Welcome and good luck!

Thanks! I've seen a lot of that as well & didn't want my stories to end up in the pile of abandoned dreams. It is a sad and lonely place.

Last edited: