• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kickstarter: Step by step

I'm about to launch a kickstarter project to fund the cover and editing for a new novel I'm going to self-publish called "Hollow World". As I've never done a kickstarter before it's required me to do a lot of research and planning and in the spirit of helping others who might do the same someday I'm going to put together a kind of "playbook" that people can get for free. I'm also chronicling about it on the Hollow World Blog. I'll post my progress from time to time for those who might want to do something similar in the future.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we look forward to seeing how it goes!

OGone

Troubadour
This is really helpful, thanks.Can't imagine I'll be in a similar position for a number of years but I've followed the blog anyway. Hollow World does not sound like something I would usually read but I'll be open-minded and check it out once you've launched your fundraiser, assuming I can order a copy from the UK?

This is really helpful, thanks.Can't imagine I'll be in a similar position for a number of years but I've followed the blog anyway. Hollow World does not sound like something I would usually read but I'll be open-minded and check it out once you've launched your fundraiser, assuming I can order a copy from the UK?

Yes you can get the book from anywhere in the world. Ebooks are easy. If you want printed copies there will be an additional fee for international shipping.

saellys

Inkling
The Stone Front's writing team is planning a Kickstarter to fund our editing and cover/interior illustrations, as well, so I'm definitely going to keep up with your progress!

By the by, my husband picked up the Riyria trilogy from the library the other day, and I thought it sounded very familiar. He enjoyed it, and it's on my future reads list. :)

I have used and have had a successfully backed project on Kickstarter. I did it for a friend, to see his music pressed on 7-inch records. If I can help in anyway, I would be more than happy to. Make sure to drop us a link so we can view and contribute to your progress!

The Stone Front's writing team is planning a Kickstarter to fund our editing and cover/interior illustrations, as well, so I'm definitely going to keep up with your progress!

By the by, my husband picked up the Riyria trilogy from the library the other day, and I thought it sounded very familiar. He enjoyed it, and it's on my future reads list. :)

Oh good, I'm glad others will find it helpful. First lesson learned....You should "verify your Amazon Payments" now as this can take some time and hold up your process.

I'm glad your husband enjoyed the books...and I hope you do as well.

I have used and have had a successfully backed project on Kickstarter. I did it for a friend, to see his music pressed on 7-inch records. If I can help in anyway, I would be more than happy to. Make sure to drop us a link so we can view and contribute to your progress!

Will do...I'm in the 'Review' process and hope to have a live link soon.