• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Taking a Break from Writing to say Hello

Nightender

Minstrel
Hello everyone!

I've just found out about this forum and I thought it'd be a nice place to check in on various things fantasy-based.

As a writer, I deal a lot with fantasy settings, be they varied forms of steampunk, sword and sorcery, or something along the lines of the epic works of Brandon Sanderson, my favorite fantasy writer.

I have two steampunk short stories published already and have been posting a thrice-weekly fantasy novel (possibly series), so I have a real interest in the genre and what sort of stories are being told.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome to MS
Pull up a stool and warm your toes by the fire.
I'm just starting on working out a steampunk idea/story myself.

Sanderson you say? He is my second, gotta give it to Patrick Rothfuss. Sanderson is quite amazing, favorite piece of work? Way of Kings for me, hope that second book gets done soon. Have you seen Sanderson's lectures?

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
I've just found out about this forum and I thought it'd be a nice place to check in on various things fantasy-based.

Here's an edit to that sentence:

"My fellow fantasy writer JediKnightMuse is awesome and told me about this place, so here I am." :p

HI ENDER!

(In case anyone is wondering, Ender and I know each other from a Star Wars message board role play that I run. :D)

Nightender

Minstrel
AlexanderKira: Yes, I've seen some of Sanderson's lectures. I love that WORDS OF RADIANCE is scheduled for the Fall. I joined in with the Tor reread and bought the super-cheap ebook.

Muse: Thank you for the accurate revision to my first comment. You're right, you are awesome. I'm liking Mythic Scribes and you opened that door for me.

Jax: Which Sanderson books have you read? I've read all of his adult fiction titles, including THE EMPEROR'S SOUL, which takes place in the same world as ELANTRIS.