1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

9/8/12 Quest Info

Discussion in 'Second Hand: Chat RPG' started by Philip Overby, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

Just got this idea. Reaver or I will post weekly updates for the quests we are planning for the weekend. Please confirm if you're going to be participating so we know how many people to expect. As the numbers in The Keep grow, we fear (or hope) we may have to split up parties and run separate quests. It's good to know how many people to expect so we can plan accordingly. So as a service to us, please let us know if you're playing or not.

Play time: Saturday, September 8th, 8 PM-11 PM Central US time

For the 9/8/12 Quest, we'll be continuing into Graspel Junkyard to search for the propeller that Philliam requested. If you were involved in the last session, but cannot play this go round, please let us know so we can adjust. We can "auto-play" your character, meaning they'll serve as an NPC, or if you have have another solution, let us know.

Last session 9/1/12(players):

Feo Takahari
    Ireth
    MystiqueRain

If you don't let us know your intentions, we'll just come up with something to put your character out of play.

So everyone please let us know if you're playing on 9/8/12 if you can. Even if you say you're going to play, but don't show up for whatever reason, that's fine, but we'd like to be prepared for any anticipated players. This also includes one-shot NPC folks (like Devor and Legendary Sidekick who played last session.)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

I'll be there.

3. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Going to be there :)

4. Philip Overby

Ok, cool, so we have two for sure. I think Caged Maiden said she was playing also. Other than that, it'd be good to hear if others are playing so we know what to expect.

5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I don't have anything else planned for Saturday evening, so I'll be here. :)

EDIT: Just looked at a schedule thingy for my first week of college, and apparently the school has an event planned for Saturday evening, from 7 pm onward. I'm not sure what that entails or if I'll be able to skip it, but I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if I can't be online.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. Zenke

Zenke Scribe

What time does this take place, I live in ireland so i'm 6 to 8 hours ahead of people in america, depending. I'd like to take a whack at it though, as long as its not incredibly early I can make it. I'll sort out my character and things tonight.

7. a dreamy walker

a dreamy walker Scribe

Same here - I live in the GMT timezone, but I would really like to join in.

8. Philip Overby

Sorry, forgot to post the time for new folks. We usually start at 8 PM Central US Time, not sure what the adjustment would be for others. I'm in Japan, so may schedule is waaaaaaaaay off, but my hometown in the US was in Central, so that's what we're going with right now. We usually play from 8 PM-11 PM Central US Time. That seems to work for our players so far. In the future, if we have a high demand, we may make other quests at earlier or later times depending on the amount of people gathered.

Zenke: If you're going to make a character, please get final approval from Reaver or I through PM before posting your character here http://mythicscribes.com/forums/second-hand-chat-rpg/4878-keep-players-respite.html You can see other characters that were made, so they are good examples of what we're looking for starting characters.

9. Zenke

Zenke Scribe

No problem phil, i was about to ask about the character approval process. hmm, Lol that would be about 2 am here for me when you start. Not really a problem considering how late i useually stay up. I'll give it a try anyway, so count me in for tomorrow.

10. Philip Overby

Wow, 2 AM? Sorry for that. But if you think you can manage, that's cool.

Just follow our format that we have here: http://mythicscribes.com/forums/second-hand-chat-rpg/4816-second-hand-info-thread.html and at the previous link I provided here http://mythicscribes.com/forums/second-hand-chat-rpg/4878-keep-players-respite.html

If you have further questions you can PM Reaver or I, and we'll try to help you to the best of our abilities. We try to encourage player creativity, but we want our world to be consistent as best we can.

11. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Tusk will make use of his +1 Charm... if he can.

Translation: I'd love to jump on-line/in-game tomorrow. There's a wedding rehearsal (my oldest is the flower girl) and The Dragon could hatch any moment now, so no promises.

Devor likes this.
  12. Philip Overby

Second Hand or child's birth? Hmm...:)

Yeah, come on if you can. It would be great if you could make an official sort of character sheet for the future, even if you're serving a sort of NPC role.

13. Philip Overby

I'm assuming if no one else has posted here, they won't be available to play (unless they have told Reaver or I otherwise). This helps us out a lot if you can let us know so we can plan accordingly. If you don't post here, we can't guarantee we'll have time to fit you into the game or not. Please don't wait until the last minute! :)

14. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

I believe that Caged Maiden is playing.

15. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Funny thing... now that my baby was born today, I'm actually freer than usual tonight! This might be my one chance to play a full game. Or at least a late game. I still have to set up a crib and get the kids to sleep.

If you start seeing posts like:

Legendary Sidekick
    oghrrhlghlklwrg

Legendary Sidekick
    kghirrhghjkdf....ghiusyayu

...that means I did a face plant on the keyboard because I'm more tired than I thought.

If that happens, consider my character unconscious. As a consequence, he will be carried out of game by a colony of slightly-larger-than-normal ants. If George Lucas taught me anything it's that super-strong fighter-types can only be killed by tens of thousands of tiny creatures. Or did he teach me that once he makes a trilogy, there shouldn't be another sequel? In any case, I learned something from the man, so perhaps I shouldn't be going off on a wild tangent taking cheap shots at him.