• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

9 Ratings in a day... and counting?

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Okay, so, at first this was all exciting, then it got confusing because my brain simply must try to figure out how these happen, heh heh. Today I woke up and 2 new ratings/reviews on Amazon for Eve of Snows, then another, then 3 more, and now 3 more, for a total of 9 ratings in a day. Seven 5-star and two 4-star. This is a book that's been out 4 years. Granted, I've changed up some promos and whatnot, but for that many to come in in short order? Perplexing.

Now I'm getting paranoid that Amazon will see this as untrustworthy behavior and start pulling them, LMAO.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Now 11: Eight 5's, Two 4's and a 3. I am perplexed, that is almost 10% of the total reviews when I went to bed last night. I know because I changed a little something in the Blurb.

I've been seeing a lot of authors lately saying that suddenly a lot of reviews are appearing out of nowhere.

I see 2 possibilities. Either Amazon has changed their policy on what reviews they allow and they're going through all old reviews and are adding any that qualify for the new policy. Or they've changed how they ask for reviews in such a way that more people are leaving reviews.

Or both of course.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
They are almost all ratings without reviews, so something of this sort makes sense.

I've been seeing a lot of authors lately saying that suddenly a lot of reviews are appearing out of nowhere.

I see 2 possibilities. Either Amazon has changed their policy on what reviews they allow and they're going through all old reviews and are adding any that qualify for the new policy. Or they've changed how they ask for reviews in such a way that more people are leaving reviews.

Or both of course.