1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

A couple of thoughts

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

1. I'm going to give our new players a bit more time to chime in, then push things ahead again. Cadell and Matthew have their horses, if they want them. Or, they'll be safe in the ship until cargo unloads.

2. When you think about your equipment list, remember to give it kind of a realistic look in terms of what your character can carry. I don't use encumberence rules, tending to stick to a "what is reasonable" approach. We have a couple of players who, if I were using such rules, would be too over-encumbered to do anything except maybe breath. To give an extreme hypothetical - if you have twelve swords, three daggers, five pair of shoes, and four pole arms, don't expect to be pulling them out one after another in battle. There's no way your character can carry all that stuff, and if he did figure out a way to carry it, there's no way he can fight with it. If you have rooms in an inn, or if you have animals, I'm going to assume that the first reasonable set of items you mention are the ones that are on you and the rest are in packs on the animal or back in your room. If you have a lot of gear (which is great) try to mention from time to time what you're doing with it.

Thanks, guys!