• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A little about me.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
I am an aspiring author, single mother, nursing student, tabletop RPGer, and avid reader. I finished writing my first novel last summer and have been tweaking it as homework and clinicals allow for the past few months. Book 2 is coming along slowly also. I stumbled onto this site and said, "Hallelujah! People like me!" So a big "Thank You" to the creators of Mystic Scribes. I'm excited to get to know everyone. :p

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the fine community! We do hope you stay and enjoy your time with us. I think you'll find a lot of comfort, knowledge and wisdom here from the community. This really is a great place, and I think you'll fit right in!

Also, congratulations on finishing a book! That's quite a milestone many strive for, and, unfortunately, many never achieve. Some of us would be glad to hear how you did it!

Cheers!

- Codey

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Thanks Codey!
As I mentioned before I have a lot on my plate with school, parenting, job, life, etc. I use writing as a therapy in a way. It's my reward to myself for getting through the day - I allow myself 30 minutes to write before bed. This means that I look at writing as a pleasure and not a chore. I found that this actually helps me get small scenes accomplished and gives me the entire next day to ponder what I should write next. I started out with a general idea and an ending. Now I'm connecting the dots.
I actually got this idea from an author friend of mine. She said, "Just write something everyday. It might be gold, or it might be crap, but at least you're writing." That's what editing is for after all.
I don't know if this will help anyone, but there it is.
Riki

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Greetings to you, madam. You've certainly come to the right place to be among fellow wordsmiths. Feel free to dive into the forums or come right out and ask us anything; we're a pleasant bunch, and most of us don't bite.

I do, though. Just a heads up.