• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A newcomer enters the room

Vafnir

Scribe
Hello everyone! My name is Fabian (or just Vafnir on the Internet), I am a 27 years old and an amateur writer living in Germany, but who prefers to write in English. I am a REAL amateur when it comes to writing. I've been having ideas for fantasy stories for years now but I started writing actively just recently, but I try to stay confident about it :)

What else about me... I am about to finish my English/American Studies plus German Studies, with focus on language and linguistics. I am also quite a big nerd. My hobbies and interests consist of many different things because I get enthusiastic about new things very quickly. A few examples would be video games, anime and Japanese culture in general, languages (I speak Polish as my native language, German is like a second native language to me, English, Spanish and a little bit of Russian. I also learn Japanese and Swedish), disc golf and in-line skates and many more.
Beside writing, I want to learn how to draw, so that I can visualize stuff from my stories, mostly for myself, I think.

I hope to see you around! :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Wilkommen, Vafnir!

I'm not German and have very little knowledge of the language. My mother is Dutch, and I'm trying to re-learn that language. Glad to see you here. I hope you enjoy the forums!

Greetings, Vafnir!
disc golf
My dad is obsessed with disc golf.
(I speak Polish as my native language, German is like a second native language to me, English, Spanish and a little bit of Russian. I also learn Japanese and Swedish
An impressive number of languages.
I want to learn how to draw, so that I can visualize stuff from my stories, mostly for myself, I think.
Drawing is something I have always loved! Trust me, you'll probably like it as well.
video games
Oh, I definitely enjoy video games! Especially role playing games (I also like tabletop rpg's)
I don't know much about anime, but I do like Naruto, One Punch Man, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

mc_

Drawing is something I have always loved! Trust me, you'll probably like it as well.

I absolutely agree with this one because personally, aside from writing, painting/sketching is one of the many alternative ways to break the chaos within my mind, most especially if I want time for myself or to become free from the constraints of reality for the meantime.