1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

A newcomer enters the room

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vafnir, May 18, 2021.

1. Vafnir

Vafnir Acolyte

Hello everyone! My name is Fabian (or just Vafnir on the Internet), I am a 27 years old and an amateur writer living in Germany, but who prefers to write in English. I am a REAL amateur when it comes to writing. I've been having ideas for fantasy stories for years now but I started writing actively just recently, but I try to stay confident about it :)

What else about me... I am about to finish my English/American Studies plus German Studies, with focus on language and linguistics. I am also quite a big nerd. My hobbies and interests consist of many different things because I get enthusiastic about new things very quickly. A few examples would be video games, anime and Japanese culture in general, languages (I speak Polish as my native language, German is like a second native language to me, English, Spanish and a little bit of Russian. I also learn Japanese and Swedish), disc golf and in-line skates and many more.
    Beside writing, I want to learn how to draw, so that I can visualize stuff from my stories, mostly for myself, I think.

I hope to see you around! :)

S.T. Ockenner likes this.
  2. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Hail and well met Vafnir [aka Fabian]
    It is good to have you here.

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Wilkommen, Vafnir!

I'm not German and have very little knowledge of the language. My mother is Dutch, and I'm trying to re-learn that language. Glad to see you here. I hope you enjoy the forums!

4. LCatala

LCatala Scribe

Hello and welcome.

5. S.T. Ockenner

S.T. Ockenner Auror

Greetings, Vafnir!
    My dad is obsessed with disc golf.
    An impressive number of languages.
    Drawing is something I have always loved! Trust me, you'll probably like it as well.
    Oh, I definitely enjoy video games! Especially role playing games (I also like tabletop rpg's)
    I don't know much about anime, but I do like Naruto, One Punch Man, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

6. Welcome to the Scribes site Vafnir! I hope your experience here inspires and can offer support as your confidence grows.

7. mc_

mc_ New Member

I absolutely agree with this one because personally, aside from writing, painting/sketching is one of the many alternative ways to break the chaos within my mind, most especially if I want time for myself or to become free from the constraints of reality for the meantime.