• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A(nother wild?) Aussie appears

Hi all. I'm Diana, though I also answer perfectly happily to Di, Dee or cupiscent. I'm from Australia (Melbourne, where there was today a horse race) and I write fantasy - unlike everyone else here, I'm sure. :p I tend to read epic fantasy (and get frequently irritated at the genericism and other flaws of same) and "stranger" stuff around the edges. I'm not super fond of urban fantasy unless it does something amazing (for instance: Max Gladstone). In fact, in general "doing something amazing" is my catnip. I also have a policy of not reading a book unless at least one lady appears in the blurb. I have a lot of opinions on gender, race, sexuality and other important issues in fantasy.

I try to write things that I would want to read. At the moment I have one novel that I've stopped shopping around because it's not quite there; a second novel that has a completed first draft that needs major overhaul (but I like the shape and I feel good about it); and I'm doing NaNoWriMo with a YA fantasy, trying to see if I can just bash out a first draft in a month by having permission not to care. Going well so far - I have 10k words, even if the site won't let me update my wordcount.

So, that's me. I look forward to getting to know you all as I leap into the boards. It's great to find a community of fellow fantasy-nuts. :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met cupiscent
We like opinions...
Hope you enjoy the show [maybe it's not the greatest one on earth - but it's still pretty good...]

Thanks, everyone. :) I'm loving the topics and thoughtful discussions I'm seeing already, and can't wait for more of the same.