• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Re-Introduction

Incanus

Auror
Hey Scribes!

It’s been a while, so I thought I would re-introduce myself. I’ve been a life-long fan of the fantasy genre—my favorites tend to be epic fantasy, and ‘Weird Tales’ style fantasy, old or new.

Not counting really old stuff, I’ve written a bunch of short stories of varying length, a novella, and one novel. I wrote about a quarter of another novel, but abandoned it for now.

About nine months ago I felt I hit a brick wall, and stopped writing. Stopped cold. Right or wrong, reasonable or no, I came to the conclusion that my storytelling was nowhere near good enough. In particular, it was character development, and character/plot development that wasn’t working. Put another way, I feel I can narrate well enough, but I have nothing worth narrating.

However, I’ve been developing a new idea for a story. It takes a different approach than everything I’d been doing before. I have no idea if it will work or not, but I’m going to make my first attempt this coming weekend. It will be a sort of test, to see if this new direction is something I like, or is something I feel I can pull off.

That’s all for now----