• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Roleplayers Quirks

Athena

Dreamer
I guess this title does need some sort of explanation^^
Basically I am a guy that usually plays a girl in roleplays and even chose a female nickname on here...and according to my experiences on roleplay sites some people see that as weird or quirky ;)

Before I write more about myself I want to explain why I chose Athena as a nickname.
At some point I browsed through a stargate wiki and saw the name Athena.As you need a nickname for almost every site you join I just decided to pick Athena because it sounded nice.But this is only the reason I chose it in the first place...the reason I kept it was because I like the values the greek goddess Athena represents,especially wisdom.

So now...I'm a 19 year old guy from germany,I like fantasy and I sit in a wheelchair.
Basically fantasy was always around me since I was a little child,although it gradually changed it's form.At first it was just playing knights and dragons with my little brother.Some time later it transformed to less traditional fantasy in the form of pokemon and digimon,which I played and watched for quite a long time.At some point I discovered the nintendo 64 my dad bought for me and my brother back then which led me to a game that still influences me today:Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.Together with other games it made up my little elementary school fantasy world.Then my mom would also buy me a console...this time it was an xbox where I played another fantasy game I really had fun with and still remember:Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance.With this I would end my love for consoles for a little while,discovering the computer.My first real game on that one was really fun for a really long time of more than 5 years:Guild Wars.Of course I always had breaks in those 5 years,but those breaks just enlarged my fantasy experiences as I discovered other games and for the first time read a fantasy book.I really tried out a lot in those 5 years,for example World of Warcraft and Aion just to name the games.I don't think you know the book,since it's a german one.But in case you are interested the book is called Der Greif by Wolfgang Hohlbein.In one of the larger Guild Wars breaks I finally discovered roleplaying.Despite being less traditional than pen and paper roleplay it is still similar.You still need to imagine everything,but you write it down in a chat instead of a piece of paper.And while my first roleplay steps were quite similar to when a baby learns to walk I got better at it than the people teaching it to me in just 3 months.And so I got frustrated after a while,never getting satisfying replies.Then I discovered the options groupchats had to offer and this was my first try to create a fantasy world.It wasn't very big and there were only 5 races in it,but it was a start.Then I got back to games for a while again,this time trying out Guild Wars 2.Although this time the break from the game came sooner than expected as I could not take my mind off of roleplaying and my own fantasy world.And so I decided to create an entire fantasy planet inside my mind.Which is what I have been working on the past 2 weeks.This idea really got me thinking if I should write a fantasy novel once this planet is finished as it's really a lot of fun for me.Today,in search of different types of fire magic I randomly discovered this site...and as it is about fantasy and writing I thought I might as well give it a try and see what I can find on here about writing and maybe even get some advice for my world.

And now for the non fantasy stuff about me^^
I mentioned sitting in a wheelchair so I guess you are interested in knowing why that is the case.
Basically...I was born with a genetic disorder known as muscular dystrophy.
So there is a piece of DNA not working correctly.In this case it's the piece of DNA responsible for the density of my muscles.As it is now my muscles are not dense enough and therefore some sort of calcium stuff enters them and destroys them.This means that I can't build up any muscles and the ones I still have get destroyed.
All muscles inside my body,including heart and lungs.So that means I'll die early and that of course causes quite strong depressions.In addition to that...well...maybe that's something some people don't wanna know...so just pm me if you wanna know what other things except that are wrong with my body.

Hey, Athena. Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

It's good to see you're up and running in the fantasy world. It's a magical genre (no pun intended) and I do hope you find what you're looking for in this fantastic forum (again, no pun intended).

Feel free to have a chat anytime.

bookmasta

Dreamer
Ive always found fantasy to be mystical place full of adventure, I played a game called runecape for years and it let me to get into creative writing.