A Wrinkle in Time

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by TheCrystallineEntity, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Has anyone seen the movie yet? I haven't, and I'm not sure I want to.

2. Reaver

Reaver Dune Lord Moderator

No. Not my kind of movie.

3. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

Sadly, No interest. I've not heard good things and what I have heard, is not for me. I have never read the book though, and the advent of the movie has made me think I should put it on my to read list. So there's that.

4. I've read the book and the sequels.

5. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

I loved the book as a child. Sadly, I heard that the film strips the faith/religious elements out of the story. If that's true, I have no interest in seeing it.

Reaver likes this.
  6. Reaver

Without veering into the political, that seems to be the norm for Hollywood.

Black Dragon likes this.
  7. xkara

xkara Apprentice

Interesting. The religious elements are what kept me from reading the book to begin with.

My roommates were very excited about the movie, but were disappointed when they saw it.

8. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

That's what I keep hearing from fans of the book. It is apparently a wasted opportunity.

Reaver likes this.
  9. Reaver

Given my awareness of your vast knowledge regarding the subject of the last few posts you should watch 2014's Noah. ( if you haven't already. Although somehow I seriously doubt it because I think it would piss off someone as even tempered as you.)
    Talk about a wasted opportunity.

Black Dragon likes this.