• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I recently gave this book a try, but I'm not sure that it lived up to my expectations. I enjoy alternate history/SF books, especially those by Harry Turtledove (his Guns of the South and Atlantis series are very good.

Vampire Hunter was a fun read, for sure. It made me giggle in that it was so serious that it obviously did not take itself seriously.

What do you guys think--did it live up to the hype?

Well, a lot of book reviews were talking about how great, clever, witty, hilarious, and exciting the book would be.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I haven't read it. I did read some of the hype about it early on, and have almost picked it up a few times, but not yet. I'll check out the movie, I'm sure.

Tasha

Dreamer
It's out in cinemas soon too D:
I did kind of like the book. It was really funny although I'm not sure it was meant to be. heh

Yeah, I kind of got that idea too, Tasha. I just assumed that it was tongue in cheek, over the top serious in a way that was meant to be funny.

Tasha

Dreamer
I'll still go see it because I love a good laugh. Wonder if the book will ever get a sequel? In the end it was a good read and iI certainly won't look at Lincoln the same way again lol.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

I liked it up until the end when Sturges turns Lincoln into a vampire.

Tasha

Dreamer
My browser automatically jumps to the new post but heh saves me money on a disappointing film :D