• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Hey ya'll.

I need some positive inspiration. So often we focus on life's problems and can be in danger of letting stress overwhelm us. So to combat this I thought we could accentuate the positive. Please share something good that has happened to you recently or not so recently, even. It doesn't have to be writing related, but it most certainly can be.

Share, my friends!

I was on the phone with a friend here the other day... I was not having the best of days and my book was bringing me down, when a neighbor walked by with her son, he's wobbly and just learning to walk really well. Anyhow, he started pulling his mother in my direction, IDK why mind you but he did. I have a planter filled with strawberry plants hanging on the patio and he was pointing to it. So I plucked a few berries off after asking his mom if he could have some. He gave me an ear to ear smile as he munched on his sun warmed organic berries. Now every time they walk by he tries to bring his mom to my patio! :p It's cute and gives me a reason to smile regardless of how in the dumps I am feeling, which for the last week or so has been a daily thing.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I recently watched the final production diary for the principal photography of The Hobbit, which kinda made my day. ^^ Tomorrow I'm going to see Brave for my sister's birthday, and probably get to visit my grandparents a bit as well. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from an agent about the sample pages of Winter's Queen that I emailed her yesterday. Might take a couple of weeks, but here's hoping! :)

Wynnara

Minstrel
I've been recovering from a shoulder/back injury for the past couple weeks. I was starting to get cranky about being tired, sore and cranky so I decided to do some painting. Normally when I paint I work on fairly small canvases in my home office that sometimes doubles as a studio space. That day I decided I wanted to go big and set up these two big 18x24" canvases.

I gotta say... painting on the patio with the sun at my back and the summer breeze in my hair... quite possibly the best remedy for a sore anything ever... even if I did have to paint part of it left-handed to give my bad shoulder a break.

526469_10151183575177317_385636194_n.jpg

Not done, but a work in progress.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Thanks, Ladies!

On a positive note from my neck of the woods I got a call from one of my long time friends yesterday asking for help. I was able to use my experience from working with Alzheimer's to help her and her in-laws. That one hour of helping someone else made me all happy inside.